The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kanye West, Father of North West, Cancels Vancouver Concert... Update: For Good.

TOMapleLaughs

Kanye West concert in Vancouver cancelled again

West is postponing the rest of his “Yeezus” tour

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Kanye West is postponing the rest of his “Yeezus” tour after also cancelling tonight’s show at Rogers Area.

Island Def Jam says in a written statement that a truck carrying The Yeezus Tour’s video truss was involved in an accident yesterday, and the gear was damaged beyond repair.

The statement says the equipment is crucial to the staging of the concert tour, and it would be impossible to put on the show without it.

It also says West refuses to perform the show without its original vision and set design, so the tour has been postponed until the gear can be remade.

This Hallowe’en show was supposed to make up for the last postponed concert, and there’s now a lot of angry fans.

“I don’t care what my kids say. We want our money back. I’m not even sure, he’s not even worthy of fans, this man,” says one angry mom.

“He’s a great artist and everything, he’s rich but cancelling twice? We have lives.”

Kingsley Bailey with Vancouver Ticket says sales were not going well.

“Me as a ticket broker? I was going to be discounting tickets today because there’s no interest.”

Shows in Minneapolis and Denver are postponed too.

It was originally scheduled for Oct 20th, but was called off at the last minute because of problems with the stage.

There’s no word yet on whether the concert will be rescheduled again.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/10/31/kanye-west-concert-in-vancouver-cancelled-again/

"To me, I’m a creative genius, there’s no other way to word it. You’re not supposed to say that about yourself, and I say things the wrong way a lot of times, but my intention’s always positive.”

“I'm totally weird and totally honest and I'm totally inappropriate sometimes, and the thing is for me not to say I'm not a genius I'd be lying to you and to myself."

Just stay at home with Kim, 'Yeezus.'

Update:

After a much-publicized disastrous start to his Yeezus tour, Kanye West has released a revised schedule — and cut Vancouver completely.

After postponing his first scheduled date in the city at the last minute on Oct. 20, West was then due to hit town on Halloween. But on Oct. 31, his tour bus was in an accident and he was forced to pull out of the rescheduled show.

The new schedule was posted to West's website, Nov. 6. noting that the Vancouver stop, plus others in Denver, Columbus, Montreal, Minneapolis and St. Louis have all been cancelled. Fans willing to travel note: He will play Seattle on Nov. 19.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/06/kanye-west-vancouver-cancelled-yeezus_n_4227766.html

Oh Yeezus, why have thou forsaken us?!?

Good riddance.

"Yo Connie, Ima let u finish, but you're the most-overrated artist of ALL TIME!"

"He's a great artist and everything, he's rich but cancelling twice? We have lives."

If you had lives, this "problem" wouldn't register on your radar.

There are a lot of people and such that travelled to the city just to catch this show. They've already had to do this twice. To ask them to do so a third time is ridiculous.

Hell, asking anyone, even in the city, to free their night's schedule twice, only to get shot down both time?

Maybe you don't care. I don't personally cause I couldn't give two craps about his music (I actually hate most of it), but for the people that were anticipating it, and planning around it, the whole thing will sting. And I don't think them wanting to see Kanye indicates anything about their "having" lives.

Seriously, who cares.
Well, I don't. I think he's a significantly overrated rapper and most of his music is garbage.

But I guess people who actually bought tickets would care. (I'm assuming people bought tickets.)

Also thought the irony of him naming his kid North West was worth pointing out in this scenario. But that name was funny before this scenario. So meh.

"He's a great artist and everything, he's rich but cancelling twice? We have lives."

If you had lives, this "problem" wouldn't register on your radar.

So my friend who has now booked two separate flights from Edmonton and two separate hotel rooms should't have this register on his radar?

Aint nothing creative about rapping.

I am doing it right now while my keyboard is tapping.

Only a D-Bag would refer himself as a genius.

Can't call yourself a man when you walk around peen-less

SOrry Kanye gots to interrupt ya, but The Roots have the best song of all time

and when they were forced to cancel thier show they came back and played on thier own dime.

You aint no artist, youz a two-bit novelty act,

like a stripper without a pole you might wanna backtrack

rethink your purpose in life, time to fast track

Hell even the PUSA called you a jackass, on record beehatch.

I knowa bunch of people who planned on going, it was funny when he canceled once, but it was freaking hilarious when he canceled again. A lot of them are trying to get rid of their tickets now. Maybe Kanye should realize him being a giant douche isnt helping his ticket sales. This stuff will only make it worse too.

So my friend who has now booked two separate flights from Edmonton and two separate hotel rooms should't have this register on his radar?

Your "friend", who I'm guessing is you, needs to get a life if they are scheduling their so-called "life" around a concert.

Your "friend", who I'm guessing is you, needs to get a life if they are scheduling their so-called "life" around a concert.

Why does he need a life? If anything, going to a concert in another city is a life.

You might not like his music, but Kanye has a lot of fans. Going to a different city to see a big concert is a fun thing to do. I would define "not having a life" as spending time in your parents basement. Travelling to big cities in Canada in no way fits that definition.

Archived