The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo has new mask for Movember

elvis15

Surprised there's no topic on it yet, but Luongo's got a new mask supporting Movember:

InGoal Magazine@InGoalMedia

Luongo's new mask, with him as Johnny Canuck, incl. toque + moustache for Movember charity http://ingoalmag.com/masks/moustache-mask-luongo-becomes-johnny-canuck-charity/

BYA3A23CEAAqZQG.jpg

Luongo doesn't do the bells and whistles that other goalies do, and he's gone back to the Johnny Canuck to support the Movember charities. He'll auction it off at the end of the month.

Luongo debuted a new mask by his long-time painter, Marlene Ross, at practice on Friday, and said afterwards that he will auction it off at the end of the month for charity.

“It’s for Movember, so I am going to be auctioning it off the end of month,” Luongo said, joking that the moustache on the mask saves him from having to grow one himself.

“Just not sure when I am going to be using it yet. It’s going to be tough for it to get into the lineup the way the other mask is playing right now so we’ll see how it goes.”

The mask features a toque, complete with a pom-pom on the top, and the Johnny Canuck beard and moustache over Luongo’s own facial features.

“It’s the Johnny Canuck head, something that I’ve grown accustomed to having on my mask over the years,” he said.

More pictures at the link.

LOL that's awesome... I've got a major broner.

You've probably had a semi since Schneids was traded. :ph34r:

But I like the idea and it's one of those that almost comes off visually as a face, and not just a painted, protective helmet.

You've probably had a semi since Schneids was traded. :ph34r:

But I like the idea and it's one of those that almost comes off visually as a face, and not just a painted, protective helmet.

Semi? ... its been major.

Probably best hockey related day of my life since game 5vs boston.

LUUUUUUUU

Archived