The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dalpe Recalled To Canucks (conditioning stint over)

Derp...

3 assists in 6 games.

I hate to say this, but do we really have the right coach in Utica? The team can't buy a win it seems.

Obviously the team wants to win. But now that the Canucks own it they will focus more on development which might cost them games.

I like Welsh a lot more. Dalpe is not at all suited for a 3rd/4th line role. He's invisible

I thought of Dalpe as a skilled guy who is not suited for the bottom six either, that is why I believe Welsh stays up on Vancouver's bottom six. Dalpe should be one of those call ups when a top six is out. Then again I am not sure where he fits in the meantime.

Hansen and Schroeder are on LTIR

Booth and/Weise can be placed on IR to make the roster space.

My bad, Jensen is still on the Canucks roster page, even though he was sent down. So nobody needs to go down as far as I can see as well.

Hopefully he get's a good look, would like to see him on 2nd pp cause it's been pretty bad. He has NHL PP experience with the Canes so wouldn't be much of a stretch.

I like Welsh a lot more. Dalpe is not at all suited for a 3rd/4th line role. He's invisible

Agreed, Welsh's speed has been pretty evident when his line drives the play down ice. I barely recall seeing Zac doing anything, which I guess was why the Canes were so willing to package him in their deal (though no complaints here to get him for a 4th and Tochkin). Too bad Zac's not waiver exempt though, he would be great to have as depth in the AHL.

Beast-Modo

Higgins - Santo - Burr

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Archibald - Welsh - Weise

Is Zac in the lineup today?

Honestly people are hammering Dalpe from a very little preview he had with us. Honestly he played with Sestito and Weber on his wings, not very great teammates to have on a line. A enforcer who has little to no hockey sense, and a defensemen who is playing forward.

I think put Dalpe with some quality players like Archibald, Kassian or Richardson and he might turn some heads.

Honestly Dalpe is a better option then Sestito at this point, id take him anyday.

Obviously the team wants to win. But now that the Canucks own it they will focus more on development which might cost them games.

Yep. Better to give the kids big minutes than an Andrew Ebbet type of player.

Dalpe was playing with Weise, Stestito, and Weber. He doesn't fit in at all. I'm not saying he'd definitely be better in a 3rd line role, but at least he'd play some with some slightly more skilled players.

Archived