The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Audio engineer question

D.B Cooper

Pretty impossible to do that with out it sounding like crap as you have to eliminate certain frequencies and you'll be left with artifacts.

Try searching for the instrumental.

If there is a part in the song where there is no vocals, You could loop that.

And, If all else fails you could an send it to audio engineer and he can try some split stereo/phase techniques but it really depends on the song and there are no guarantees. (and highly unlikely)

That would be amazing!

It is Primus 'tommy the cat' and 'shake hands with beef'. I could send you the songs if needed!

I had both on my i tunes. Claypool is a sick bassist.

Sorry but I couldn't remove the vocals completely; there's alot of voice echo and overall, it sounded pretty bad....

Hopefully you find an instrumental track soon! Maybe try going and finding the original vinyls and checking if they have the instrumental with them.

Highly suggest some of you guys not go to school for audio engineering, You won't get a job and be in the whole a hefty amount....If it's broadcasting you're looking @, then BCIT is a good place to start.

I go to school at BCIT for something else. I Just try to learn audio engineering as a hobby :)

Highly suggest some of you guys not go to school for audio engineering, You won't get a job and be in the whole a hefty amount....If it's broadcasting you're looking @, then BCIT is a good place to start.

I'm going for a complete different career, but I just want to do it on the side and learn how to produce, edit, make music. Not looking for a career just a hobby.

I'll throw it on the student loan :lol:

Archived