The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As a Fan

16ToWin

Now, I have been a long time fan of Hockey sites. I have been a fan of the Canucks since they joined the nhl.. And I have been a lurker on CDC for years(long before I joined). I saw today on tv... Fans,media, and management, respect players. Foote and BURE !!! These players over the years, are why we watch!.. I have noticed on CDC that WE and I me "WE" as a whole, are brutal.. Instead of enjoying the game/player.. All we do I judge and critizise us and anyone playing against the canucks It is tough to log into CDC every day and feel the negativity day in day out.... Hands down, this is the most informative site of all the hockey sites(trust me.. most are brutal). but the (nucks suck cuz.____ CDC will fill in the blank) gets old...Other NHL fans come here because the site is well laid out and very very knowledgeable. As a Fan of both the nucks and cdc... wanna lay low with(he sucks) comments? I do not see near the same Neg comments about other teams players on there own sites even.. We slam/talk about Kessel more then the leafs do on there own website... Sorry( doesn't seem I can press enter to make paragraphs)

So what are you suggesting we do just sit back and allow trolls from other teams fan bases to come to our site- which should be a safe place for canuck fans- and insult us and insult our team. I am sorry but that is not going happen. I understand rivaries with fans/teams is part of the sport but there is a way to do it in a classy way and a way to be a jerk. The way I and other fans have been treated tonight by maple leaf fans is disgusting and I for one don't think I or anyone else should have tolerate it.

Hands down, this is the most informative site of all the hockey sites

HAHA! no.

this a fan site. if you're coming here for unbiased or educated opinions I'm afraid you've been led astray.

edit: and if you meant this is the most informative/unbiased sites of all fan sites, you're still probably not right but that's up for debate.

So what are you trying to say?

Just this.. We are in, Yes I know it is still the cdc, we are in the General hockey discussion section. Which would tend others(non CDC'ers) to believe they are welcome here. We have an entire section to the canucks where we are encouraged and relish in the ideas and thoughts of slamming other teams. I love that section and read it mainy times daily. But, if we cant have a sections for other to come here and discuss ideas, thought and beliefs.. without them being demeaned, Then I suggest we lock out CDC and have it only available to the select few who think the same way they do. Demeaning a person does not make your argument valid... That's what I was trying to say. er.. at leasts that's what im trying to say, I think :)

Archived