The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'The Exorcist' Author Calls Abortion 'Demonic'

Gross-Misconduct

'The Exorcist' Author Calls Abortion 'Demonic;' Former Satanists Disagree

A prominent horror author has called abortion "demonic" in an interview with The Washington Post that touches on abortion activist and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' commencement speech at Georgetown in May 2012.

While describing a graphic account of an abortion procedure, William Peter Blatty, famed author of The Exorcist and Georgetown University alumus, remarked, "That's demonic."

He also said he reached his breaking point with what he perceives as the university's distancing itself from its Catholic and Jesuit identity when it invited Sebelius to give the commencement speech, because as the former governor of Kansas and now as the secretary of HHS, Sebelius has been widely known as a staunch ally of the abortion lobby.

Blatty has filed a petition with thousands of signatures for Georgetown University to return to its Catholic and Jesuit heritage by complying with the rules in "Ex Corde Ecclesiae," Pope John Paul II's constitution for affiliated colleges.

"If you truly love someone that you think needs to be in rehab, you'll do everything you possibly can to get them into rehab," Blatty told the Post, describing his attempt to rescue the university he loves.

The university countered by telling The Washington Post that the "Catholic and Jesuit identity on campus has never been stronger."

Joseph Craig, a former Satanist who has since accepted Jesus Christ, told The Christian Post on Friday that he can definitely understand Blatty's comments from a moral perspective, but said he "thinks the word 'demonic' is a bit overzealous."

Craig and his wife, Joy Suzanne Johnson, led a Satanic cult for five years in Durham, N.C., but later embraced the forgiveness and love of Jesus Christ. Craig told CP that in his past expereince, he didn't witness a connection between Satanism and abortion.

"I have never seen a relationship between Satanism and abortion," said Craig, recalling that the majority of his efforts as a Satanist focused on preventing people from accepting the Christian faith.

http://global.christ...isagree-107927/

Without getting all political here, without making a statement about whether it's right or wrong, or being insensitive to the situation for some if not all cases, technically, the act of abortion is pretty damn demonic.

I mean, i don't know of any real-life demons, but i would imagine that killing fetuses would be high on their list of appeasing Satan.

However, if demons don't actually exist, then what the guy said is meaningless.

btw. The Exorcist: "Meh..."

Then god must be demonic because in his book he allows abortion to take place.

On a side note, "Pro life" is extremely misrepresenting. That makes it sound like they're a humanitarian in which case most "pro lifers" are not. Especially conservative Christian Americans often are "pro life" but also pro war, pro guns and pro death penalty. Furthermore they lead the way in America in teen pregnancies and abortions themselves -- a testament to their hypocrisy.

If life has yet to begin than how can it be life, and therefore, how can it be ending life?

But how can you love something that ends "something" before it has a chance to become "something more". You can be a smart ass all you want, you know what I mean.

I personally am neither against nor for abortion, but for someone to say they love it...

But how can you love something that ends "something" before it has a chance to become "something more". You can be a smart ass all you want, you know what I mean.

I personally am neither against nor for abortion, but for someone to say they love it...

Because I am being facetious, exaggerative, and as noted, a smartass. I know a few great women who made the choice and have built great foundations for themselves before choosing to bring a child into the world. I respect the "I'll do it when I'm ready" a lot more than "I'm not ready but I'll do it anyways" approach, regardless of circumstances leading to pregnancy.

Because I am being facetious, exaggerative, and as noted, a smartass. I know a few great women who made the choice and have built great foundations for themselves before choosing to bring a child into the world. I respect the "I'll do it when I'm ready" a lot more than "I'm not ready but I'll do it anyways" approach, regardless of circumstances leading to pregnancy.

Thats what im looking for man, reasoning. I too have the same perspective, but the "loving abortion" comment really bugged me, as you may have noticed haha.

While this make sense, abortion is not something people should "love" . You are making it sound like abortion is the next cool thing to do and people should have unprotected sex anytime because if crap goes wrong, they can just have abortion...

It's not like that tho. Abortion is the last thing anyone could do. While one can say its respectable that people who aren't ready for a child should do it, it is not something people "love" to do.

Back to th topic, who the frack care what a 80 years old satanist thinks?

Archived