The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pavel Bure "Fly At Night" CBC Montage

DeNiro

Honestly this was one of the best montages I've seen. Better than the one the Canucks used.

Say what you want about CBC's analysts, but they have some of the best in the business when it comes to videos. I had goosebumps pretty much the whole time.

To the post above...are you kidding? Both the CBC and the in house montage were just awesome. Awesome. Look at the video in real time. How may players today can do what Bure did at that speed? He was the first Canuck superstar, and I think put Vancouver on the hockey map. Combined with Linden, McLean, Ronning, Courtnall, Quinn. He stood out. It was perfect. I guess to all now looking back....my goodness we were treated to a special player. Until two twins from Sweden came along. Next ceremony will be a two for one.

The Kessel and Bolland bits were in very bad, albeit comical, taste.

idk i guess im in the minority of those who thought the video package looked underwhelming. and i really don't like chilliwack. just didn't do anything for me trying to spark emotion. i did tear up tho when pavs' number was raised and his mom started crying. that was was emotional

Yeah, these two coincided to make the footage... underwhelming, to say the least. Head scratching is more like it. Meh.

To the post above...are you kidding? Both the CBC and the in house montage were just awesome. Awesome. Look at the video in real time. How may players today can do what Bure did at that speed? He was the first Canuck superstar, and I think put Vancouver on the hockey map. Combined with Linden, McLean, Ronning, Courtnall, Quinn. He stood out. It was perfect. I guess to all now looking back....my goodness we were treated to a special player. Until two twins from Sweden came along. Next ceremony will be a two for one.

i don't need crummy made video package to appreciate what pavel did for this team and to the city. i didn't need to see random leafs footage that had nothing to do with anything. it left me thinking, i thought this was all about pavel bure, but they managed to throw random leafs highlights from this year in it too. it didn't make any sense

any random person can put together pavel bure footage, hell, honestly, i've seen better fan tributes than what cbc gave us

idk i guess im in the minority of those who thought the video package looked underwhelming. and i really don't like chilliwack. just didn't do anything for me trying to spark emotion. i did tear up tho when pavs' number was raised and his mom started crying. that was was emotional

i didn't find any of it emotional at all, which is strange as i'm a total wimp

the song played during the Canucks package was very embarrassing

i didn't find any of it emotional at all, which is strange as i'm a total wimp

the song played during the Canucks package was very embarrassing

yea the song was horrible. to cap it off, the whole thing with a cut out of pavel over the cityscape was so amateurishly done like they just slapped that on there at the last minute. i guess i just have higher expectations for a hall of fame guy, instead what we got was a cheesy, corny, hastily put together mess of highlights. i'm not the only one who thinks that-- the people i was with all thought the video package sucked, but then we remembered we're watching cbc

For us veteran Canuck fans, that was just a small sample of what we got to see Pavel do night in and night out. I know the twins make me shake my head with some of the plays they create, but Pavel did it alone without a twin brother. You would turn and say did he just do that?

Like I've said before, if you thought the highlights were something watching them on TV, then they were 100 times better watching Pavel play in person. Pavel has been the most skilled Canuck ever to play for the team, he not only was a star in Vancouver but he was a superstar in the NHL. To quote "The Sandlot", hero's are remembered, but legends are never forgotten and to me that's Pavel Bure.

If anything, I think the CBC slowed down the highlights so you could see how Pavel was stick handling through everyone.

I loved it....the cityscape with Pavel, for me, was awesome. I guess it's a "to each his/her own" deal but I loved the song (local talent) with the montage. Mind you, I was emotional from the onset, but it was perfect by me. I do agree about the TO inclusion, but they also had to promote the actual HNIC game as part of it as well. I honestly think it was done perfectly.

Archived