The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Craig Anderson taken off ice by a Stretcher (Video)

AriGold

Ouch! Players have to be careful cutting through the crease like that. As a goalie I totally appreciate the bad position it puts you in. You don't want to move away from the player because the puck might slip past you and into the net. But at the same time, you know a player is coming at you and with all that gear on, there's no way to control how you land or what part of you gets caught under another part of you. Injuries are so hard to prevent in situations like this

Ouch! Players have to be careful cutting through the crease like that. As a goalie I totally appreciate the bad position it puts you in. You don't want to move away from the player because the puck might slip past you and into the net. But at the same time, you know a player is coming at you and with all that gear on, there's no way to control how you land or what part of you gets caught under another part of you. Injuries are so hard to prevent in situations like this

There's nothing to be careful about.

Nichushkin was stick handling inside a telephone booth and he had his head down. There was no way that he could have seen the goalie there, especially with Anderson doing a pokecheck.

I had Anderson. Got a trade offer a few days ago for Burns, wasn't sure to accept it or not, then pulled the trigger once I saw this thread :D

My first thought when I heard was "quickly, go add Lehner!". What has become of us? Damn you fantasy hockey, damn you.

Reminds me of Edler and Smith, except it's in front of the net and not behind. I say 20 games suspension. The next guy who hurts a goalie (intentional or not) will get a $20 fine. And the guy after that a 5 game suspension. You know, because consistency is important.

If you look closely Karlsson actually hung the leg and tripped up Nichushkin as he was cutting across. The kid would of actually completely avoided Anderson and probably had a great chance on the backhand if the contact wasn't made.

Archived