The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] NHL to discuss 10-game suspension for goalie fights

No kidding. One idiot goes over the edge in something that happens maybe 2-3 times a year and now they want to remove it from the game completely? I

Exactly, they should make line brawls auto 10 game suspensions if they want to stop the shenanigans because really, the only time goalies have ever fought (to my knowledge) is when a line brawl breaks out.

But seriously so many other things to consider that need to be addressed but this is on the forefront? I wish the KHL was more accessible at times so I could stop supporting the NHL and its stupidity

Take some more power away from the players, you idiots.

If the refs were more accountable and GOOD at their supposed jobs then half of this crap wouldn't see the light of day.

I'm blind, I'm deaf..

Rarely happens, why can players fight but not goalies? League is turning into a joke, may as well merge with curling and adopt the rules they have.

when players fight it's supposed to be because emotions have boiled over and they're pissed at each other. goalies have no interaction whatsoever with one another throughout the game so any time they fight it's just for the neanderthalic spectacle.

Or Shanahan could stop pleasuring himself to the thought of suspending more Canucks, and he could get off his ass to suspend Emery for mugging an unwilling opponent. If two goalies are willing, let them fight. If one isn't, lay the smack down on the instigator. And no, I don't mean suspending Edler for 2 games.

I would have thought the real concern was fighting a guy who doesn't even have his gloves off and can't effectively fight back, goalie or not. Or how about the guys who punch someone in the back of the head? If they want to keep fighting, bring back some sense of honor to it.

when players fight it's supposed to be because emotions have boiled over and they're pissed at each other. goalies have no interaction whatsoever with one another throughout the game so any time they fight it's just for the neanderthalic spectacle.

Not necessarily. Would you rather have a goalie take his frustration out on players by hacking ankles and legs all night? Or let him take it out on one fight.

Or the goalie could just be asking for it, instead of a player jumping in and taking care of the other goalie which would be a miss match due to the equiptment, thats where the other goalie may say enough is enough and i'm going to deal with something that the refs arent addressing.

Emery was out of line, he was the only willing member of the fight, however this isnt something that always happens, sometimes its both goalies calling each other out and throwing them up, which should totally be allowed.

Luongo vs Tim Thomas? That would of been awesome, they were jawing at each other during the big brawls we had with them.

Archived