The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Trading Booth For Depth/Filling Out the Team

Pears

I know it's unlikely a team will be kind enough to take Booth off our hands, but if that scenario did occur these signings are what I would like to see happen with the gained cap space:

1)

LW Simon Gagne - 1 year, $1 million

- Not an original idea I know, but Gagne could be huge for us down the stretch

2)

RW Chad LaRose - 1 year, $900K

- Solid fourth line player and can play 3rd line minutes if there are any injuries

3)

RD Ian White - 1 year, $1 million

- Would be a huge upgrade over Alberts and would provide a solid veteran presence

Remaining cap: $1,352,226

Healthy line up:

*Sestito, Alberts, and Weber to Utica if they clear waivers

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Santorelli - Kassian

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Gagne - Richardson - LaRose

Weise, Archibald

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Stanton - Tanev

White

Luongo

Lack

Thoughts? I was bored so I figured I would pass some time by posting this idea.

Archibald has been awesome. Has decent hands, can skate and plays a simple game. Welsh hasn't been bad either.

the two things I look for in a fourth liner, are if they can avoid being a liability, as well as playing hard. Then it turns into if they can provide anything extra. Welsh has done the main part. I haven't really seen the extra, but he's sure as hell ready to be a 13th-14th forward atleast. Archibald has provided the little bit extra, and I've grown the slightest crush on him for what he provides.Just get weise out of here, honestly. He's the biggest ape on the team with his continuous turnovers, etc.

the two things I look for in a fourth liner, are if they can avoid being a liability, as well as playing hard. Then it turns into if they can provide anything extra. Welsh has done the main part. I haven't really seen the extra, but he's sure as hell ready to be a 13th-14th forward atleast. Archibald has provided the little bit extra, and I've grown the slightest crush on him for what he provides.Just get weise out of here, honestly. He's the biggest ape on the team with his continuous turnovers, etc.

I'm hoping Lain is ready to step in to some NHL action soon.

I'm hoping Lain is ready to step in to some NHL action soon.

I'm not as high on lain as other people right now. I think a few years down the line, he will be good, but right now he's not really shown many signs of being Nhl ready. Other than his faceoffs, he apparently hasnt thrown his weight around either. His offensive production has been 0 at the AHL level, which is poor.

GMMG will probably see if Booth can actually pull himself together, stay healthy and you know, actually do something.

If not, I could see Booth getting moved to a team for equal-ish problem contract at or close to the deadline.

Don't know off the top of my head who is a ~$4MM boat anchor another squad that could make an impact here. But I could see something like this going down.

GMMG will probably see if Booth can actually pull himself together, stay healthy and you know, actually do something.

If not, I could see Booth getting moved to a team for equal-ish problem contract at or close to the deadline.

Don't know off the top of my head who is a ~$4MM boat anchor another squad that could make an impact here. But I could see something like this going down.

Scott Hartnell

Scottie Upshall

Tomas Fleischmann

Ville Leino

Drew Stafford

Paul Gaustad

Ryan Clowe

The problem is I can't see any of those teams wanting to add salary, they want to shed it. I could see Booth being useful in CBJ NYI or WPG but not for much in return. At most a mid round pick I would think.

There is no way Gillis would move a warm body for a pick at the deadline.

I was meaning trading a player that doesn't fit for another player of similar cap hit who isn't fitting in.

Perhaps Leino. How has 3 more years left on his deal, Booth just two. Buffalo could be interested in that. Not sure if Gillis would be though.

Clowe is rubbish with a high hit, for a LONG time.

There is no way Gillis would move a warm body for a pick at the deadline.

I was meaning trading a player that doesn't fit for another player of similar cap hit who isn't fitting in.

Perhaps Leino. How has 3 more years left on his deal, Booth just two. Buffalo could be interested in that. Not sure if Gillis would be though.

Clowe is rubbish with a high hit, for a LONG time.

True, just pointing out a couple players that will be moved if possible, and that have a substantial cap hit. I don't see any of them being much of an improvement.

As for the warm body moving at the deadline. Absolutely he will if it frees up cap space to aquire a player on an expiring contract that can actually help the team.

Consider: Booth for a 4th, followed by that 4th, Jensen and a 2nd for Legwand. Maybe a bit of an underpayment but you get the idea.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Burrows Legwand Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

Booth is not going anywhere unfortunately! He's often hurt, he's expensive, and he's lost his game. With any luck, he can come back after this conditioning stint and be at least ok. Hopefully he's healthy during the buy-out period during the off season. We were so u lucky he was injured during the last buy-out period. Imagine him gone and say ribeiro or another pure goal scorer here instead or just having an extra 4.25 of cap room to do what we want. So bloody unlucky!

Archived