The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Washington Vancouver

DrChill

Meh it's not a bad trade. But if we're shooting for a center I am still eye balling Boone Jenner out of Columbus. That kid is going to be so clutch one day and he is a prototypical Canadian 2 way hockey player that can make as play.

That being said I think Tanev has more worth to us as is right now than a Johansen does. And I know we need scoring but...he is one of the leagues shot blocking leaders.

Meh it's not a bad trade. But if we're shooting for a center I am still eye balling Boone Jenner out of Columbus. That kid is going to be so clutch one day and he is a prototypical Canadian 2 way hockey player that can make as play.

That being said I think Tanev has more worth to us as is right now than a Johansen does. And I know we need scoring but...he is one of the leagues shot blocking leaders.

+1, I think Johanssen has just come into his prime and trading him to us might rattle him. Boone Jenner, Horvat and Gaunce down the middle in the future would be godly.

Jenner to the Canucks seems like a better trade IMO

I think Corrado and a 2nd/3rd could get it done. But if Corrado is value'd high here, than he could be replaced by a 1st rd pick or forward prospect instead

+1, I think Johanssen has just come into his prime and trading him to us might rattle him. Boone Jenner, Horvat and Gaunce down the middle in the future would be godly.

Jenner to the Canucks seems like a better trade IMO

I think Corrado and a 2nd/3rd could get it done. But if Corrado is value'd high here, than he could be replaced by a 1st rd pick or forward prospect instead

Jenner would be good, but we need some reread this year for our forwards, unless u believe 2nd line pressure on santorelli is good all year.

No thanks. With the Beast-Modo line formed, Kes having found his play-making center and the mixture of skilled guys with grit in the lower lines, Mo-Jo's freewheeling play just seems out of place. I think that a skill and speed-oriented (read softer), pass-first center (he barely shoots) does not really give the team much balance. Maybe I've been spoiled by years of Kes' hard-nosed, shutdown play which nicely complements the passing magic of Sedinery on the 1st line, or even that, IMO, Santo's mix of grit, shooting and play-making fits more into Tort's kind of player, but with MoJo the Top 6 just looks really soft up the middle. I just can't see him thriving against the big centers that the Cali teams have in their top 6 (Richards, Kopitar, Thornton, Getzlaf).

Also, you'd have to think that, playing on a line with Ovie and Backstrom, that a lot of his production came from his feeding his All-Star line-mates. It said online that Johansson skating almost 84 percent of his even-strength minutes with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom, and Oates said that he isn't always the most assertive in shooting the puck; rather, at times he still over-skates it or just defers to Ovie or Backstrom. (I paraphrased it but you can read my links.) While it does say that with him on the ice Ovie and Backstrom tend to shoot more, yet that could just reflect how, using his speed, he's a passenger on that line by feeding the two stars constantly instead of making anything happen himself on consistent basis.

I agree it would be worth trying to get Boone Jenner out of CLB but Ive liked the play of Marcus Johansson for a while and he could be a 2nd/3rd line pairing until our prospects come up..... Either way i dont think we can afford to move Tanev its still to early and while Stanton has played very well its November and its a long season

To Washington

Tanev

2nd

To Vancouver

Marcus Johansson

Gives Washington help onD which they badly need and gives Vancouver that 2nd line center to take pressure of Santorelli and keep Kesler on top line

Flame away!

I don't think Washington considers this. Washington has a lot of young defense they are trying out right now and some veterans currently injured.

Johansson would take more to pry from the Capitals as well.

We can call up Corrado if we trade Tanev.

As good as he is for us, its still overvaluing his trade value. We prob have to pay more to get a 22 year old who can score on a top line and is starting to break out. MoJo plays wing and center as well, so creates no log jam when Horvat and company start arriving, a great target... But gonna have to cough up more to get him...

I was looking at WAS' Jason Chimera as the sort of depth signing we needed to pursue near deadline. The thought of Kassian playing on third line the entire season, considering the stinker he pulled last night in LA, doesn't seem like its going to stick. Chimera, Hanser and Richie would be a solid third, and the kind of line you don't mind seeing matched up against in the playoffs against top teams' best.

Chimera *was* in the last year of his contract. He was until this past week, though, as WAS reupped him for two more years. So, I suspect he's not going anywhere. Oh well...

I prefer Weise, Sestito, Pelletier, and a fourth for Ovechkin. The Caps do this deal because they need that extra grit and toughness, while Pelletier is a poor man's Ovechkin. Plus that fourth can always turn into a Datsyuk so they would be stupid to pass on it. We do this because Ovechkin would add to our depth scoring on the third line. He's proven to do so.

I'd rather not do this. At 23, Tanev is probably our best defensive defensemen. I can only imagine how much better he can get, needs better shooting, physical game to become our best defensemen and one of the top in the west.

Archived