The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Tootoo Waived by DET

Strombone1

As a detroit fan I wonder why they are doing this yeah he isn't a super star and I admit I have only been able to see a few detroit games but I talk to a lot of other fans and they don't seem to be bashing tootoo that much so I think he could be good for a bottom 4. What do you guys who are able to see more games then I have think? Is this a good pick up for van? He is a tough guy might that can actually play

If this is true, it shows, along with other players ie Seguin, the NHL's drug and alcohol policy: if a player seems to have a problem... ship him out of town and unload the problem onto another team. :sadno:

If a player that is making that much money AND is still drinking, I have realized that money doesn't solve the root problems, no matter how we ordinary people like to think it does.

As a detroit fan I wonder why they are doing this yeah he isn't a super star and I admit I have only been able to see a few detroit games but I talk to a lot of other fans and they don't seem to be bashing tootoo that much so I think he could be good for a bottom 4. What do you guys who are able to see more games then I have think? Is this a good pick up for van? He is a tough guy might that can actually play

The Canucks don't even have room on their roster right now, even if they wanted to pick him up. In addition, his cap hit is undesirable.

He'll clear waivers easily, which is too bad. He is a decent gritty player.

I'm sure Tootoo was dangled in a trade but there were no takers, even at a very low price.

Toronto should pick him up, but Tootoo isn't a center... even if he could marginally substitute for Bolland.

I realize van will have to waive someone to claim him but I think he would be a better addition to the team then seisto(sp?) Tootoo can actually play! I and other redwing fans (that I have spoken too) think this is a odd move.

I'd gladly waive Sestito and Alberts to make room for Tootoo.

Archived