The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you do these deals? (If u were gillis)

1.) No, no, no. Yakupov is doing horrible and as about as much trade value as Ebbett right now.

2.) No...Canucka drafted Horvat over the Russian for a reason and he's been doing horrible in the NHL.

3.) No lol.

4.) Tempting but despite the future we give, yes. For a guy who will put up more points than most NHL forwards, take that anyday and considering his young age.

5.) No.

1. Huge overpayment by Vancouver

2. Why do we trade for a guy we could have gotten at the draft just last summer

3. Terrible trade plain and simple huge overpayment for us

4. Sure great trade Ottawa laughs hard though

5. No we need to keep our D as is right now unless we can upgrade it

Also Edler and Kesler have NTC's so ..... they're not going anywhere

1. Yakupov for Edler, 1st, 2nd (2015), jensen

2. Horvat for Nichushkin, 3rd

3. Kesler for Phaneuf (with new contract @ 7m/yr)

4. Edler, 1st, 3rd, Shinkaruk for Karlsson

5. Edler, Kassian for Lucic, 4th

No to all of these

1. Heck no

2. A bigger, fatter no

3. No no no

4. Maybe/ No - I'd only do it at the end of the season if Edler proves too unstable for the Canucks and needs a reset (although that is unliklely).

5. No - This one is tough but I think we have some good pieces up front and that Edler on our D is currently more valuable to us than Lucic on the 1st or 2nd.

1. Yakupov for Edler, 1st, 2nd (2015), jensen

2. Horvat for Nichushkin, 3rd

3. Kesler for Phaneuf (with new contract @ 7m/yr)

4. Edler, 1st, 3rd, Shinkaruk for Karlsson

5. Edler, Kassian for Lucic, 4th

I don't even understand how you can come up with such terrible proposals. You completely under value Edler in all of your Proposals except for the trade for Karlsson which will never happen you would have to give up way more for arguably the best Dman in the league for the next decade.

I mean really your first proposal we get Yakupov and Edmonton gets Edler, 1st, 2nd (2015) & Jensen. What are you on? Edler for Yakupov straight up would be a complete steal for Edmonton then you want to go and throw in a 1st, 2nd, & Jensen! If you removed Edler from that proposal its far more reasonable but even that with the way Yakupov has played this year I would not but 100% sold on it.

Phaneuf at 7 million is a recipe for no playoffs for how ever long the contract term is.

Edler, Kassian for Lucic & 4th is at least more reasonable than the last 4 but I would want more from Boston make it a 2nd and I'd seriously consider it.

Archived