The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael Buble praises Canucks great start & talks state of game with fighting and hitting

TheRussianRocket.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/michael-buble-singing-canucks-praises/

Overview of things Buble says in the interview:

- "wonders what Rangers fans are thinking right now"...knows NYR fans who wanted the "bum" (Torts) gone, ended up in Vancouver, and they got Vigneault...NYR fans were laughing; fast forward "Canucks look fantastic, gritty, and the Rangers are struggling"

- loves that Torts has got the team playing "a different brand of hockey than they've ever played before"...it's like "watching a different team now"

- "as much as you can be knowledgeable and a good hockey man with a good hockey mind, there's a lot of luck involved too" (regarding moves that any teams make and hockey in general)

- "looking at other players contracts, Sedins took a pretty good price cut to stay there [here], again"

- "San Jose is never out of if. They're big, they're strong, they're fast. Couture looked unstoppable last night then you add Pavelski, Thornton, Boyle; that's a juggernaut right there. I wish they weren't in our division"

- about the state of the game and the results: "these are trained, professional athletes that know the consequences of their actions. I mean, how do you get hitting out of this game? Guys are afraid to hit and I don't want this to become soccer"

- says if fighting is out of the game, you'll see worse plays. More cheap shots, infraction of sticks...says fighting is a way to keep guys honest

- people don't understand the honour in fighting. These are honourable guys that have a code [of conduct] and that for the most part NHL players are pretty classy guys that don't really want to inflict pain or injury or hurt anybody.

- talking about Manny and his recent comeback, says there's another professional athlete taking a chance and knows the consequences of the game.

- is pro fighting and pro hitting and says it's just part of the game, period

...agree with Buble on everything he said. Nailed it down to the very last bit! Just thought I'd share with you guys. Can tell he has tons of knowledge of the game in just this small interview.

*Sorry couldn't post the video...doesn't format to be uploaded so you can either watch it by clicking the link uptop or just read through the overview*

Buble? Who is he a hockey expert?

Not sure if sarcasm or not...either way, a big time singer - very famous - born and raised here in Vancouver...huge Canucks fan and just to put that into perspective, he cancelled/rescheduled his concerts during the '11 Cup run just so he wouldn't miss a game lol

I think his commnets about fighting preventing cheap shots is only true while the league continues to not call penalties properly. There wouldn't be an increase in stick infractions or bad hits if they were actually called properly. Sadly though....

For the record the Rags have looked a lot better in recent games.

That's right and their schedule has been hellish. That road trip was horrific.

One thing I agree on with Buble is that I really, really wish the Sharks were in a different division. :sick:

I think his commnets about fighting preventing cheap shots is only true while the league continues to not call penalties properly. There wouldn't be an increase in stick infractions or bad hits if they were actually called properly. Sadly though....

I agree. It's the same with quite a bit of stick work as well. Often it's in retaliation for an uncalled infraction. Call the penalties and there will be less retaliation and fewer fights out of frustration.

I had posted about this yesterday .... probably the wrong section though ... he also gave them a ribbing about being toronto centric ... said ' HENRIK COULD SCORE 7 GOALS , AND THEY WOULD STILL BE TALKIN ABOUT WHAT SOCKS PHIL KESSEL CHOSE TO WEAR THT DAY ... hilarious ..

I like his music , but my wife is 24 and her and her friends like it more .. anyway , i like that the guy stands up for us west coast folks ...

You're the worst. You remind me of britta from community. The worst.

LOL

One of the best comments I have seen on CDC. I would +1 if I wasn't on mobile.

Also I'm glad someone famous stands up for this region you see guys like Seth Rogen and Ryan Reynolds who are from Vancouver, but you wouldn't know it by the way they act as if they're originally from LA.

Also, Michael Buble has a real sweet Christmas album. It has some real nice tunes on it.

Archived