The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 2c

DrChill

Ok been thinking about our forward depth. I would really like to get a 2nd c to remove pressure from santorelli.

I have wondered about trading Tanev but his value won't get us a stud center. So I wonder if we go back to looking at trading Edler. That does remove our roadblock of lefties on the Blueline. I think Stanton emergence gives us the flexibility.

I was looking at team out of the Pacific to trade with and I found these possibilities.

Colorado

O'Reilly- young 22 and is sound both sides of the puck. Cons 5mil then RFA and held out last time, would want to talk to him.

Columbus

Dubinsky - big 2way center that torts knows . 27 signed for one more year 4.2mil

New Jersey

Henrique- 22 cap 4 mil till2019 - 2way center could hold his own for second line for Canucks

What our your thoughs? Would edler waive for any of those locations? What would be a fair deal for each?

I think edler is worth more than any of those guys so picks back as well.

I don't know...Edler is playing great right now (most of the time at least) and seems to fit well into Torts system...I'd be hesitant to let go of him. Yes, we need a 2nd line centre but why not wait for our team to be healthy first? (assuming that happens) Maybe Schroeder will surprise us

Also, next year I think one of Gaunce or Horvat will be ready...

I'm not saying that I don't want the Canucks to acquire a 2nd line centre but I just think that there's no need to overpay for one at the moment.

I think Edler fits well with all these teams, I like O'Reilly but Colorado is doing well and wouldn't change their team significantly. I would like to get Dubinsky and Erixon. If Columbus doesn't want to do that deal though than I don't care. Edler is signed to a great deal, top 2 defensemen on most teams.

Henrique is signed to such a long deal I wouldn't want to try it.

Why do the Canucks keep winning when the second line isn't solidified yet? The answer is because of the strong dcorps. Trading elder for any of those guys may strengthen us down the middle but would leave us with a glaring weakness on defence. Unless the return is significant overpayment I don't see how the Canucks consider trading Edler. None of those guys would bring more to the team than what we would lose giving up Edler.

Also all those teams are probably wanting more for those players which makes it definitely not worth it.

Final point.... NTC

Just my opinion though.

Booth and Gaunce for Dubinsky? Columbus gets a forward who thrived in a similar environment, and a future 2nd line center. The Canucks have Schroeder and Horvat so Gaunce becomes expendable, plus Dubinsky would fill our 2C hole perfectly and give us a LOT of options.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Dubinsky - Burrows

Hansen - Santorelli - Kassian

Weise - Richardson - Schroeder/Archibald

Or if those lines go stale:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Dubinsky - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Santorelli - Hansen

We're one top-6 forward away from becoming a force in the West. Either Booth gets his game back up to where it needs to be, or we can move him + picks/prospects for a real top-6 forward.

Booth and Gaunce for Dubinsky? Columbus gets a forward who thrived in a similar environment, and a future 2nd line center. The Canucks have Schroeder and Horvat so Gaunce becomes expendable, plus Dubinsky would fill our 2C hole perfectly and give us a LOT of options.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Dubinsky - Burrows

Hansen - Santorelli - Kassian

Or if those lines go stale:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Dubinsky - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Santorelli - Hansen

We're one top-6 forward away from becoming a force in the West. Either Booth gets his game back up to where it needs to be, or we can move him + picks/prospects for a real top-6 forward.

I like the idea, but booth has negative value and Gaunce doesn't have that much value

We have a lot invested in futures who should ultimately fill the 2C role; Horvat! Also Gaunce and Cassells are solid prospects.

So trading a core guy needs to score a seriously good player if we went for a 2C. I'd be down for O'Reilly.

I'd prefer a top 6 winger. Edler should get you a guy who battles and scores 25 to 35 goals plus a prospect which would make our team look very dangerous.

Archived