The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Whisky (Whiskey) thread

King Heffy

Went to Liquor Mountain..Yeah, that's a booze chain in Japan - not some grueling personal trek :^)

Randomly grabbed a bottle of bourbon. Elijah Craig(small batch). 47% nasty, but pretty darn smooth. The Rev Eli Craig was a bourbon pioneer who got the gig rolling.

Has won many critics rewards, a tag on the bottle would have me know...

• Cheers 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, flat land fish said:

Wyoming whiskey is a great small batch whiskey for bourbon lovers.  

Are you a bourbon lover?

Just trying to decide about drinking some Laphroaig now.

I am always hesitant to open a bottle cause it goes so fast!

• Cheers 1

Just came back from San Francisco over the weekend, brought back a bottle of Suntory Hibiki 17.  I am comparing that with a bottle of Nikka Barrel aged I was gifted from a client.

2 fingers neat and both are just so smooth.  I kinda missed having a snifter after hours and totally get why people enjoy it

image.png.9f8310b2020dfde6fe2d6e1ff59b7114.png

image.png.0a606f919a50af1f1c345e6fd4ba7bba.png

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 2

On the point of local distilleries and all, I just picked up an Okanagan Spirits Laird of Fintry Limited Release Whisky. My wife enters the draw each year, and managed to win this year. Actually quite good. A little sweet for my liking, and missing some depth that comes with age, but it doesn't come off as a young whisky, which is nice.image.png.800c6c6332d9027dcead0a671fca9b6f.png

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Sp3nny said:

On the point of local distilleries and all, I just picked up an Okanagan Spirits Laird of Fintry Limited Release Whisky. My wife enters the draw each year, and managed to win this year. Actually quite good. A little sweet for my liking, and missing some depth that comes with age, but it doesn't come off as a young whisky, which is nice.image.png.800c6c6332d9027dcead0a671fca9b6f.png

YES I have this coming at a Cask strength.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, Sp3nny said:

Have had it.  Tends to sip more like a bourbon due to that sweetness but I enjoyed it a lot!

1C1B685E-5CFA-4E96-B405-9B4012885EE3.jpeg

41D10B29-8678-4889-AF09-83C4AF2727A2.jpeg

Not sure if you guys have tried this one yet, but damn it’s smooth for the price point. It’s been a while since I tried something new. If you’re into smokeyness, this isn’t the Bourbon for you. Exceptionally smooth with fruity notes and a mellow finish. If you want an easy drinking smooth Bourbon I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

1C1B685E-5CFA-4E96-B405-9B4012885EE3.jpeg

41D10B29-8678-4889-AF09-83C4AF2727A2.jpeg

Not sure if you guys have tried this one yet, but damn it’s smooth for the price point. It’s been a while since I tried something new. If you’re into smokeyness, this isn’t the Bourbon for you. Exceptionally smooth with fruity notes and a mellow finish. If you want an easy drinking smooth Bourbon I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Cheers!

I've heard of Four Roses, its on the whiskey list of a few YouTube videos I have seen, haven't tried it yet.

Wife picked me up 1792 today, its nice.  I am not the biggest bourbon fan, find it a little on the sweet side, generally stick to the Irish it seems.

1792.jpeg

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

I've heard of Four Roses, its on the whiskey list of a few YouTube videos I have seen, haven't tried it yet.

Wife picked me up 1792 today, its nice.  I am not the biggest bourbon fan, find it a little on the sweet side, generally stick to the Irish it seems.

1792.jpeg

Bourbon is my thing, but I do enjoy a nice Scotch or Irish Whisky from time to time. Haven’t tried this Bourbon yet. I’ll have to add it to the list! Cheers