The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian on pace for 30 goals

Merci

5 goals in 15 games after missing part of training camp,

All goals not on Sedin line

All goals from dirty front of net

-Injured Bolland (destroyed Leaf season)

-Injured Ganger (destroyed Oiler season)

-Admits to balding, laughs about it

-Movember

-Intense emotion when given a penalty he didn't mean

Kassian doing exactly what was expected, when it was expected.

Haters gonna hate

Go Kassian.

Sorry, injuring players is not something to be proud of. Especially a serious accident like Bolland's.

Not proud of injury, proud of destroy their season.

Oh and incase you didn't hear it was unintentional, and Lupul tried to elbow Henrik in the head,

GOOOOOO KASSSSSIAN

Sorry, injuring players is not something to be proud of. Especially a serious accident like Bolland's.

Very true!

The steady production while not riding on coattails is, however, a very notable notation. I could care less if Kassian flounders on the production this year and doesn't even break double digit goals, I'm way more interested (and hopeful) to see what he grows into being 2-3 years from now.

:picard:

On an unrelated (but related) note, while watching the Detroit game tonight, around 5 minutes left of the 2nd I believe it was, the announcers went on at length about a play Bertuzzi had just NOT made...

You see, Bertuzzi (who incidentally, even at his advanced age, is playing on the 1st line and went 1-1-2 with a +2 tonight) had lined up a hit and then backed off at the last second, precisely because following through would have been both potentially dangerous to the opposing player and possibly put his own team down short-handed. THAT is a power forward who has matured to the point he can do his job without putting his team on the PK or "destroying" anyone else's season.

When Kassian can demonstrate that same self-control and maturity, consistently, routinely, then be proud. But there's just nuttin' to be proud of when a guy "destroys" another's season, however unintentionally. Bert learned that the very hard way. Hopefully Kassian won't suffer a similar "development trajectory" ;)

If Kassian gets 20 goals this season with the minutes he is currently playing that would be a great success for him.

Oh and incase you didn't hear it was unintentional, and Lupul tried to elbow Henrik in the head,

GOOOOOO KASSSSSIAN

Being proud of destroying a teams season because of an injury is terrible. You should be ashamed.

If Kassian gets 20 goals this season with the minutes he is currently playing that would be a great success for him.

Being proud of destroying a teams season because of an injury is terrible. You should be ashamed.

and Lupul tried to elbow Henrik in the head,

But guess what? He didn't hit him and Henrik is still playing.

I'm glad Kass is on a roll this season and I'm not bawling my eyes out that Bolland is hurt but you never want to see something like that happen to anyone.

There's a reason players get injured it's a style of play. Bolland had his legs wide apart ankles right to the side, then he weaves Kassians check.

I am sorry but Henrik ducked that elbow, there's a reason he hasn't beeni njured in 600 games.

Toronto has the worst fans, and a crack smoking Mayor. They can afford to suck one more season at the cost of Bolland not taking a hit and taking the consequences on a train of a player/

I am proud our team has fnally become lke Boston and we're ready to rematch them for blood.

I'd say he'll pot around 15-20 goals by season's end if things are going well and if he can stay healthy for at least 70 games. 30 is quite high especially for a guy who isn't suppose to be scoring lots of goals. That's why he's considered secondary scoring and if we can get him to post a 15-20 goal season, management will be happy.

Archived