The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Highlights without commentary

M A K A V E L I 96

Several years ago when French CBC was going through some kind of Strike/Job action they televised some games without announcers and it was awesome...just the sounds of the game...sticks, skates, fans etc. Maybe if there was just analysis during play stoppages? Play by play was great years ago when Tv pics weren't as clear and cameras seemed further away.

I'm waiting for John Shorthouse to just leave... and here's to hoping John Garret goes along with him!

Those two spend more talking about random crap than actually COMMENTATING the game...

Are u nuts? They are far better than the bone headed CBC and at times TSN commentators.

Shorty and Cheech make the games better to listen to

I've been watching the last few games without commentary. I find the games to be much better with just the game sounds and no pbp / colour. I'll do the next few highlights without commentary and see if people prefer that. Good idea / bad idea?

Is it possible to mute commentary on your tv but have the sounds of the game remain?

That'd be legit, but i doubt it

It's not my preferred way but I think it works better for full games than highlights because highlight video alone doesn't give the full picture of what happened in the game. Since highlight are just a summery of what happened in a game you sometimes need the commentators to fill you in and give background information.

I'm waiting for John Shorthouse to just leave... and here's to hoping John Garret goes along with him!

Those two spend more talking about random crap than actually COMMENTATING the game...

I actually like them when the commentate sometimes their really funny. They are my favorite after the good cbc ones. TSN ones suck.

Archived