The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The best spot

fightmeirl

Just sort of a general question, not really sure where to put this.

But would you guys rather have Canucks/your favourite team finish 1st in the conference, or just make the playoffs.

If first

>high confidence

>home ice advantage

>free agent destination

>worse draft pick

>high expectations

If 8th seed the exact opposite

Personally I would rather have the Canucks finish at eighth, rather than first. I watch alot of Canucks games and am happy at every win, but I just think being that lower seed helps the future.

If a team wins the PC, then their draft selection is at best 27th. If last seen, then it could be as low as 16th.

Where do you think the best place to finish is?

With a cup, honestly it's not where you draft but who you draft. Tanev great player, undrafted; Kesler, huge two way player for us mid to late 20's; Bieksa solid shut down D man pretty sure he was late pick too. The fun part of the draft is finding the diamonds in the rough. Our problem was we were trading picks for rental players which Gillis, hopefully, learned his lesson not to do.

Like Kimi Räikkönen says in this interview...

"Makes no difference..."

But I naturally hope we finish 1st. That means we'll win more regular season games, witch mean less dissapointments and less trade rumors, better chemistry, better confidence level etc.

Like Kimi Räikkönen says in this interview...

"Makes no difference..."

But I naturally hope we finish 1st. That means we'll win more regular season games, witch mean less dissapointments and less trade rumors, better chemistry, better confidence level etc.

p.s. win the cup, nothing else matters.

Coming in 8th doesn't get you a particularly good draft pick. So I'd rather take a better shot at the cup by coming 1st in the conference than still making the playoffs with a worse shot at the cup and still not a very high pick.

A better question is would you rather come first in the league (as we did two years in a row) or be an Edmonton and finish last in the league.

If you come 1st, you're not guaranteed a cup and if you don't win, you're guaranteed a low pick. On the other hand, coming last builds for the future. Chicago, Pittsburgh, even LA to an extent got their cup through sucking and getting very high picks

Archived