The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Martin Hanzal?

• 1 year later...

No thanks. Hanzal isn't worth a 2C plus former 1st and 2nd round picks. Don't even want the guy. It would be like trading for Marchand or Bolland.

Neither Bonino, nor Vey are 2nd round picks, so not sure who you're talking about there.

Hanzal is a much better 2C than bonino. Linden Vey has no place on this team and is expendable IMO since we have too many forwards and centres, not to mention Gaunce, cassels and mccann coming up in the pipeline.

Verdict is still out on Jensen. Eventhough he's a former 1st round pick, he might never make this team on a regular basis. Sven Baertschi is ahead of Jensen in our prospects pool as a LW

Neither Bonino, nor Vey are 2nd round picks, so not sure who you're talking about there.

Hanzal is a much better 2C than bonino. Linden Vey has no place on this team and is expendable IMO since we have too many forwards and centres, not to mention Gaunce, cassels and mccann coming up in the pipeline.

Verdict is still out on Jensen. Eventhough he's a former 1st round pick, he might never make this team on a regular basis. Sven Baertschi is ahead of Jensen in our prospects pool as a LW

100% Disagree. Bonino is a 2C, We traded a 2nd for Vey, so that's what I'm talking about there. Bonino has some of the best underlying numbers on the team. He faces the toughest competition on our team night in an night out, especially since Richardson has been injured.

Linden Vey has no place on this team? I hate how underrated he is on CDC. Yeah, his defensive game isn't great, but he's a rookie. This is his very first year in the NHL. He's scoring at the same pace as a lot of our other bottom-6. I don't understand how a promising young, skilled player with a top-6 cieling is "expendable". Benning literally just traded for the guy. Your logic is that because we have 3, yes, 3 centers with NHL potential in our system that suddenly any other center prospect we have is expendable.

Jensen can play both wings. Again your logic is that because we have Baerstchi, suddenly we don't need any other prospects.

Do you think things through before you type? It seems like you're overly opinionated on a subject you've done little to learn about.

I agree that Bones plus Vey and Jensen is too much but its not crazy too much for a 6'6 230 2c who is one of the best face off men in the league who plays well in all 3 zones and scores at a .6ppg pace +.

Bones Vey Grenier I would do. They need RW depth Grenier gives them that size and would probably get a chance to play in the Desert he's 6'5 and can put the puck in the net. Vey gives them another C who can also play RW and provide some offence and play middle 6.

Hanzal and Vrbata have had good Chem in the past. Together they would make one heck of a 2nd line.

Take a minute to think about how great it would be to line up say [Matthias Hanzal Vrbata] aganst other teams top lines in a best of 7.

I agree that Bones plus Vey and Jensen is too much but its not crazy too much for a 6'6 230 2c who is one of the best face off men in the league who plays well in all 3 zones and scores at a .6ppg pace +.

Bones Vey Grenier I would do. They need RW depth Grenier gives them that size and would probably get a chance to play in the Desert he's 6'5 and can put the puck in the net. Vey gives them another C who can also play RW and provide some offence and play middle 6.

Hanzal and Vrbata have had good Chem in the past. Together they would make one heck of a 2nd line.

Take a minute to think about how great it would be to line up say [Matthias Hanzal Vrbata] aganst other teams top lines in a best of 7.

Do you honestly think Benning would trade 2 guys he personally traded for less than a year ago?

Do you honestly think Benning would trade 2 guys he personally traded for less than a year ago?

I don't see the trade happening myself but as Hunter said it would make for a pretty deadly second line. I think it's a nice idea to kick around but I don't see JB making this deal.

I believe Benning would trade anyone to improve the teams chances of winning.

Kesler gave us essentially one team to trade with. So Bones ++ was sort of the best he could do there admittedly he got a decent return given the circumstances. Vey on the other hand you are right he is working out so well for us lets give him a NMC the soon to be 24 year old doesn't get the rookie pass from me sorry. He's the Fwd equivalent of Yannik Weber.

Archived