The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cassels potential

Strong Sedins

Plays against tough competition, grinds out some points at 5v5, gets a fair chunk of them on the PP with skill plays/smart positioning.

He's going to be a Utility center. If he plays with great wingers he will have no problem being a second line center, but if he plays with more grinding type players he will grind out the opposition and generate some points.

Kinda like Santorelli has been playing for us, but I think Cole has more natural playmaking ability and more Grit in his game.

That being said, he does play wing with Laughton and Dal Colle, so he could end up a winger depending on his teams needs.

As I said, solid Utility Player.

Maybe even like Bolland.

Horvat 1c Cassel 2c Gaunce 3c

Exactly how I see it.

Plays against tough competition, grinds out some points at 5v5, gets a fair chunk of them on the PP with skill plays/smart positioning.

He's going to be a Utility center. If he plays with great wingers he will have no problem being a second line center, but if he plays with more grinding type players he will grind out the opposition and generate some points.

Kinda like Santorelli has been playing for us, but I think Cole has more natural playmaking ability and more Grit in his game.

That being said, he does play wing with Laughton and Dal Colle, so he could end up a winger depending on his teams needs.

As I said, solid Utility Player.

Maybe even like Bolland.

Cassels apparently has crazy chemistry with Laughton and Dal Colle so maybe we trade for Laughton and draft Dal Colle?

Exactly how I see it.

Cassels apparently has crazy chemistry with Laughton and Dal Colle so maybe we trade for Laughton and draft Dal Colle?

Just dreams, but ya, that would be unreal. I think Dal Colle will go top 5 this year and only way we get top 5 is if we trade Edler +.

Just dreams, but ya, that would be unreal. I think Dal Colle will go top 5 this year and only way we get top 5 is if we trade Edler +.

It would be a good idea to do that because that would really help out our future and Dal Colle with Cassels would be a dynamic duo. These two could also rack up plenty of points. Just imagine horvat-shinkaruk Cassels-dal colle gaunce-subban Stanton-tanev

What if he's like fowler and gudbranson who got a load of points cause of their teammates and then ended. up sucking.

Fowler's 21 and had 40 points in his rookie year. Kid will be fine. He's been a defensive mess his first few years, but everyone knew he's an offence first guy.

What if he's like fowler and gudbranson who got a load of points cause of their teammates and then ended. up sucking.

Then nothing, we didn't draft him with a top 10 pick. If he can play regularly in the NHL putting up 20-30 points a season on the 3rd line, then we did very well.

Archived