The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So like... Every goalie is amazing?

TheAntar

I'm tired if hearing how we ran into a good goalie all the time.

NHL goalies are usually good. Other teams still score 3 goals a game.

Why do you think our goal scoring is down?

I blame a lack of getting pucks onto forwards' sticks with speed on the breakout, like we did in this teams prime. But what other reasons do you see for making all these goalies look like the second coming of a brick wall??

I blame a lack of getting pucks onto forwards' sticks with speed on the breakout, like we did in this teams prime. But what other reasons do you see for making all these goalies look like the second coming of a brick wall??

I would say that we haven't been getting good bounces. Also we got 26 shots vs the Kings and 36 against the Ducks so we get the chances but our players can't seal the deal

I think we try a little too hard sometimes to make a nice play than doing the simple things. LA, ANA work well by throwing pucks towards the net and creating havoc in front. Granted, they got bigger and more tenacious forwards than ours, but you don't necessarily need that.

The goals will come though, and the teams we've been playing are no slouches defensively, so I'm not too worried.

It seems like our chances dont come from the danger areas, like if you watched the LA game we were crushing them but the second they got chances they were in top notch spots and scoring off them, If our cycle/board game gets shut down like against these big top teams all of our chances are weak shots from the outside then we just get boxed out and cant get rebounds, I still think we need that top liner that is a difference maker not part of a pair or a one year selke winner

It's because for the most part against big, skilled teams, we play with the puck along the outside. Usually when this happens, we only get 2-4 legit scoring chances. The fact that we outshot them doesn't mean we played a good game. In fact I thought we looked tired, lazy and most of all...unwilling to go to the scoring areas. This is the reason so many times over the past couple yrs and in the playoffs we look ok but don't really threaten the other team. It's looks even worse when our pp looks like crap. We didn't deserve to win either of the weekend games. I love the sedins but how many times to we just play with the puck for 30-40 secs without even getting a quality chance. The Defensive team just sits back and watches and then smashes them and their linemate when they bobble the puck and out goes the puck. I'm being picky as they're wicked players but that's what it's like in the playoffs as well. The sedins rule but I think that splitting them up with guys willing to crash the net may help. Maybe even on the pp for now to stop all the passing and shoot the darn puck. Go nucks. My glass is still full!

2 games and suddenly CDC thinks the team can't score

TYPICAL

I think the point is we are losing these games to teams we lose to in the playoffs which = not a fun playoff round

and dont say its still early because the core of this team is exactly the same

In before anyone mentions that "we" should never have let Ehrhoff go.

regards,

G.

Daniel has flat out lost his scoring touch, he misses or sends weak shots into the crest. He has missed tap ins every other game for a long time now.

Burrows, Kes, Higgins and Santo have also missed a lot of grade A chances just this weekend. Pucks that can be seemingly pushed in from the couch. None of these guys are really natural scorers, they get goals out of hard work, IQ and skating. It seems we are waiting for bounces that will never come because most of our players are simply not skilled enough to get that extra lift or put pucks into exclusive areas on net.

Kesler looks like the only guy who can crack 30, we need more than points, we need goals.

Doesn't help that Edler, Garrison and Bieksa have been droughting on the goals as well.

I think the point is we are losing these games to teams we lose to in the playoffs which = not a fun playoff round

and dont say its still early because the core of this team is exactly the same

it's November last time i checked not April still lots of hockey to be played so yes it's still early again i will say TYPICAL as in it's a TYPICAL CDC reaction after a couple of losses then after a couple wins people are praising this team planning the parade so on and so forth

Daniel has flat out lost his scoring touch, he misses or sends weak shots into the crest. He has missed tap ins every other game for a long time now.

Despite missing some chances, he is tied for 7th in goals scored (7 - 37 guys also at 7 or ahead of him). He is also in a similar position with assists. He is currently listed as being 23rd in overall scoring.

Even if he is still not where he was, he's doing pretty good.

regards,

G.

Despite missing some chances, he is tied for 7th in goals scored (7 - 37 guys also at 7 or ahead of him). He is also in a similar position with assists. He is currently listed as being 23rd in overall scoring.

Even if he is still not where he was, he's doing pretty good.

regards,

G.

Canucks have also played the most games.

Not enough shots that are being tipped. A lot of teams in the NHL live off of tipped shots. There must have been at least 3-4 good scoring chances off tipped shots for the ducks today. I rarely see us get good deflection chances, and when we do we score!

That's how we can beat good goalies, get more deflections.

We are 17th out of 30 in the NHL in goals scored per game.

That's terrible. 16 make the playoffs ...

I'm not worried about these last two games in particular I'm tired of hearing how good quick/Rinne/niemi/Thomas/random rookie is when we play them because we hit their crest 20 times a game. THAT is my concern and I think it's legit.

This is not a reaction to this weekends losses. It's a 2-year problem that hasn't been solved.

Power play goals would help, by the way. :)

Archived