The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Evander Kane

We need a top 6 player, and I feel like Evander Kane matches the profile. He's a Vancouver boy, to start off and has cheered for the Canucks since he was a kid. His favourite team is the Canucks. He is still very young at the age of 22, and has a very nice shot and speed. Our top 6 would look like this;

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Kane - Kesler - Kassian

That top 6 looks like it could to some serious damage. Kane would also allow us to use the second line PP successfully and could split the PP times with the first unit. He would be the anchor on the second unit.

He rounds out our top 6 very well. But it would cost us something for sure. I think Edler + 2 first round picks would be the beginning price. I would be okay with giving up 2 first round picks because Kane is still young, and he would have an immediate effect. He certainly wouldn't be a rental player. He would be living his dream, playing for the Vancouver Canucks.

What do you think it will take to pry him out of WPG? My first proposal, so not too sure if I am over-paying or under-paying. Thanks :)

It is really hard since Winnipeg is looking for a top 9 player to fill out their forward group and a better goaltender (but this won't happen most likely).

Kane-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Jokinen-Setoguchi

Frolik-Scheifele-______

We have no one to give and Booth has such a high cap hit plus they probably don't want to take it on. So it is hard a trade but maybe a defense trade could happen?

Edler-Bogosian/Buff

Enstorm-Buff/Bogosian

Pardy-Trouba

Maybe we can do a Edler for Buff trade or something because they have 3 top 4 RDs (Trouba, Buff, Bogosian). Edler for Buff? It would most likely help them.

Archived