The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Jaromir Jagr

Phil_314

What do you guys think it'll take to bring this legend out from Jersey? He's been signing contracts on a year-to-year basis (latest one for $2M with the Devils) and, with how unpredictable he's been in doing so he may well end up being strictly a rental.

However, at 41 he's still got more game than many players in the league, plus he's one of those guys who makes his line-mates better. He's strong, he can score and also sets up his line-mates very well. If the Devils miss the playoffs, I could very well see Lamoriello moving him unless he gets something done to retain him before then. If he doesn't though, I think we could have a VERY strong top 6 with #68 in the fold.

Twins - Kass

Burr - Kes - Jagr

(his sheer strength and passing could complement Kes very well, making that a very strong 2nd line)

What comparable trades have there been which can reflect the value needed to get him?

Jagr wanted to stay with Philly. Philly couldn't afford him or had their eyes on Vinny. Jagr seems to want to stay on the east coast. It's too bad because he'd b a great addition mainly because he's a threat to score even at 41, he's fantastic along the boards, he'd make our pp better, he'd come at a very reasonable cap rate and can still find the back of the net

What do you guys think it'll take to bring this legend out from Jersey? He's been signing contracts on a year-to-year basis (latest one for $2M with the Devils) and, with how unpredictable he's been in doing so he may well end up being strictly a rental.

However, at 41 he's still got more game than many players in the league, plus he's one of those guys who makes his line-mates better. He's strong, he can score and also sets up his line-mates very well. If the Devils miss the playoffs, I could very well see Lamoriello moving him unless he gets something done to retain him before then. If he doesn't though, I think we could have a VERY strong top 6 with #68 in the fold.

Twins - Kass

Burr - Kes - Jagr

(his sheer strength and passing could complement Kes very well, making that a very strong 2nd line)

What comparable trades have there been which can reflect the value needed to get him?

Dalpe, Booth and a first? :bigblush:

Jagr has 10 pts in his last 10 games. When you watch nj games, which isn't often, you notice Jagr more than any other player except for their goalie(s). This guy would be an awesome addition for us this year. That is, if he wanted to come here. The best thing about acquiring Jagr is that it wouldn't cost us any of our top prospects(I don't think anyway), and we would not have to commit to a multi year contract as he's a ufa at seasons end. This is good because there's a decent chance horvat or shinrakuk make the team next year. Jagr is someone we need come playoffs because because he's big, great along the boards, he puts up pts, he's an upgrade on our pp(especially the 2nd one) and maybe most importantly, he even at 41 gets the other teams u divided attention which opens up other guys on the ice

Some ppl don't like this quick fix because of the fact we'd prob have to give up draft picks but we can't compare Derek Roy to Jagr. I mean come on. Roy is an ok player but he's weak and easy to push off the puck. Hockey is a lot about the mindset as well. Imagine what the sedins are thinking knowing that Jagr is on the 2nd line or on the 2nd pp or maybe even out there with them. If he actually wants to come here and the likes of E Kane or players very unlikely not available, then lets go gillis!

Archived