The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Once everyone is healthy

Erik Karlsson

We have a lot of depth players that are playing good right now. Archibald,Sestito,Welsh even Dalpe, but once we get everyone back we're going to have too many forwards especially if Archibald keeps his play up and keeps improving.

A lot of other teams seem to have a kid line and it's been working out for them. Especially Montreal, Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher. Gillis and Torts both said they wanted to get younger this year. I think we should make our own kid line.

We could use our bottom 2 lines as a 3A,3B type of deal. This will also help keep the twins and Kesler fresh. I think they're starting to fatigue from how many minutes they've been playing which is why they haven't looked as good the last few games.

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows

Booth-Richardson-Hansen - Fast, 2 way gritty line

Archibald-Schroeder-Kassian

Sestio

Weise

The Archibald-Schroeder-Kassian line could be our kid line. It gives Schroeder two big wingers to make up for his size. This line could provide a lot of energy for us. Schroeder's a workhorse and it should force Kassian to keep up with him which is what we need. I think they've all played together at some point in the AHL and Schroeder and Kassian seem to have good chemistry.

Whenever Archibald has a bad game he can be swapped out for Sestito for the big tough teams or Weise.

Booth doesn't deserve minutes over Kassian. I know it would result in two players playing their off wings but I would switch Kassian and Booth. I also think against teams like LA and Anaheim that the Sedins and Kesler should be split up.

We have a lot of depth players that are playing good right now. Archibald,Sestito,Welsh even Dalpe, but once we get everyone back we're going to have too many forwards especially if Archibald keeps his play up and keeps improving.

A lot of other teams seem to have a kid line and it's been working out for them. Especially Montreal, Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher. Gillis and Torts both said they wanted to get younger this year. I think we should make our own kid line.

We could use our bottom 2 lines as a 3A,3B type of deal. This will also help keep the twins and Kesler fresh. I think they're starting to fatigue from how many minutes they've been playing which is why they haven't looked as good the last few games.

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows

Booth-Richardson-Hansen - Fast, 2 way gritty line

Archibald-Schroeder-Kassian

Sestio

Weise

The Archibald-Schroeder-Kassian line could be our kid line. It gives Schroeder two big wingers to make up for his size. This line could provide a lot of energy for us. Schroeder's a workhorse and it should force Kassian to keep up with him which is what we need. I think they've all played together at some point in the AHL and Schroeder and Kassian seem to have good chemistry.

Whenever Archibald has a bad game he can be swapped out for Sestito for the big tough teams or Weise.

I think switch Shreds for richie and we are good. Cause by the time shreds comes back richie would have developed chemistry with kassian and archie( they are a very good line so far). And Shreds needs fast wingers to score goals off the rush so that's why we should switch them.

By the time the injured guys return, some other(s) will be injured. It's not often during a season when a team is fully-healthy. And in the rare occurance than it is, how long does it last before someone goes down again? It's one of the things Gillis says routinely that makes me shake my head..."when we're healthy, we're a good club."

So you're not a good club when you're not healthy, Mike?

I prefer

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Santorelli - Burrows

Archibald - Richardson - Kassian

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen

bottom 6 gets equal minutes. Somewhat. Shroeder line is faster, when needed. Kassian line is bigger, when needed.

Burrows will be back up to speed.

At some point, I'd like to trade for a true 2nd line center. Santorelli between Booth and Hansen to maintain the speed. Schroeder part of the deal as a replacement -potential- 2C on a weaker team. Plus more, probably.

BUT NOT A RENTAL.

I prefer

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

bottom 6 gets equal minutes. Somewhat. Shroeder line is faster, when needed. Kassian line is bigger, when needed.

At some point, I'd like to trade for a true 2nd line center. Santorelli between Booth and Hansen to maintain the speed. Schroeder part of the deal as a replacement -potential- 2C on a weaker team. Plus more, probably.

BUT NOT A RENTAL.

Agreed

By the time the injured guys return, some other(s) will be injured. It's not often during a season when a team is fully-healthy. And in the rare occurance than it is, how long does it last before someone goes down again? It's one of the things Gillis says routinely that makes me shake my head..."when we're healthy, we're a good club."

So you're not a good club when you're not healthy, Mike?

As long as you have the main guys your good. In previous years our forward injuries were okay in regular season while our d took the beating this year its opposite. So its happened before and stayed that way.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Santorelli Kesler

Hansen Schroeder Kassian

Archibald Richardson Welsh

Sestito

That's what I'd like to see. I do think one of Burrows, Hansen or Schroeder will be dangled as trade bait, packaged with a dman maybe and/or weise (who has a little more value than one might expect) for a legit top 6 fwd of some kind. I'd expect any pick beyond their first is up for grabs too.

Welsh has been good and I would like to have our own "big body" line of Archibald-Welsh-Kassian. On the other hand, I do agree with another poster on keeping Richardson with Archibald and Kassian to allow them to continue to develop chemistry.

I don't see that lineup going very far tbh. Sure, it's worked for a bit, but Santorelli is NOT a 2nd line center, should be a third. Richardson would be better suited for the fourth and Schroeder isn't a good option for the 4C. If we are going to keep Kesler on the top line and not get a 2C, we have to give JS a spot on the 2nd line. He is the only one who MIGHT be able to fill that role.

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows

Booth-Santorelli-Hansen

Archibald-Richardson-Kassian

But I still feel the need to acquire a 2C.

Weise is in the lineup before Archibald, I'm hoping to see the Sedins Kesler line split up to give our team more balanced scoring, i'm thinking something like

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Santorelli Kesler

Hansen Schro Kassian

Wiese Richardson Booth

Switch Schroeder and Santorelli if Schroeder is playing good.

Rather have him on the fourth line than top line in Utica, hows he doing down there anyways get a point yet?

Yes, he has one assist in 3 games. First we stole Ballard from our 'farm team' in Florida, then we stole Booth- thank god they didn't want to deal for Luongo, I wonder what other gem we would have stolen then.

Sedin-Sedin-kesler

Higgins-santo-burrows

Kassian-Richardson-Hansen

Booth-welsh-weise

I'd rather have kassian in the top 9 and continue to develop then give it to booth wait for him to find his game

If kesler was moved back to centre...

Sedin-Sedin-kassian

Higgins-kesler-burrows

Booth-santorelli-Hansen

Archibald-Richardson-weise

I prefer

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

BUT NOT A RENTAL.

Hansen would play on the third line over Archibald

Archived