The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-dal

billabong

To dal: booth, Schroeder

To van: cole, fiddler

Booth and cole are both in the same boat. Cole makes 4.5m next year and booth makes 4.25m. Booth has 2 goals and 6 points in his previous 23 games played dating back to last season and cole has 7 goals and 12 points with a -18 rating in 45 games with Dallas. Cole does have a NTC and booth does not. It is merely hoping u get a player who could use a Change of scenery but if it doesn't the Canucks still have that one last compliance buyout left.

Fiddler has a 1.8m cap hit and is UFA at the end of the year and Schroeder is a RFA at the end of the season. Fiddler fills a 4th line need in a legit nhl centre taking a full shift nightly and Schroeder goes to a team in a rebuild and will get good minutes in the top 9 forwards

Sedin-Sedin-kassian

Burrows-kesler-cole

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Weise-fiddler-santorelli

With another nhl centre the Canucks have a lot options with the line up. If cole can't fix his game santorelli is waiting in the wings to reclaim his spot in the top 9 forwards

Dallas says no because of Booth.

We should say no because of Cole. He's older (35) and pretty battered after such extensive mileage playing the tough game for so long in his career. Booth can at least skate and be a physical presence down low (maybe he'll practice his shot in Utica too?) so he can still bounce do better than Erik at this stage.

Also not particularly interested in moving Schroeder for another bottom 6 center. I`d rather the team go big for a struggling team`s top 6 center.

We should say no because of Cole. He's older (35) and pretty battered after such extensive mileage playing the tough game for so long in his career. Booth can at least skate and be a physical presence down low (maybe he'll practice his shot in Utica too?) so he can still bounce do better than Erik at this stage.

Also not particularly interested in moving Schroeder for another bottom 6 center. I`d rather the team go big for a struggling team`s top 6 center.

Booth does none of those things, lol.

Although I don't see how this benefits either team with us taking in older players.

So we take on more salary? How do we do that considering how close to the cap we already are?

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Dale Weise ($0.750m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m) / Mike Santorelli ($0.550m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Andrew Alberts ($0.600m) / Yannick Weber ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,003,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $296,667

it does work, I would consider this deal because I cant see booth turning it around and id rather roll the dice on cole then have booth suck up a roster spot

Considering we're as close to the cap as we are right now, I'm not sure how the math works by moving out Booth's $4.25 and Schroeder's $600K while taking back Cole's $4.5M and Fiddler's $1.8M, a difference of $1.45M coming back to us. Hansen's not back yet, and we're losing Dalpe and Welsh from the roster and putting Santorelli on the 4th (or somewhere anyway) so I guess that makes up for it, but it's still unlikely to happen.

Archived