The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal for current and future. Van/Buf and Van/Win

TspecPA

To Van. Moulsen To Buf. Jensen,Booth,2015 1st

After already being part of a NYI rebuild, my bet is Moulsen won't want to be part of another in Buffalo. He will probably want to sign with a contender. Buffalo would likely want to trade this talent out of conference as opposed to a conference rival. We are contenders, out of conference and have a good relationship with Buffalo.

Looking at Buffalo's needs, I think they have reasonable depth at centre with Hodgson, Leino, Grigorenko and Girgenson. With the inevitable exit of Moulsen and demotion to Kaleta, depth on the wings will need to be addressed.

Why Buffalo does this:

1)Address depth on wings

2)$$$$. With Moulsen gone (3.1 mil), the expected trade of Miller (6.25)and any unknown exits of anyone over 2 mil. such as Stafford, Ott or Ehrhoff, Buffalo does not meet the cap floor. Booth simply helps with this scenario. He only has one year remaining under contract and therefor would not handcuff them long term.He could be considered to be on a 1 yr PTO. Resign according to performance as Raymond did in Toronto or let walk. He is the key for us giving up a 2015 1st.

3)2015 1st. Deep draft that includes McDavid. If Buffalo didn't win the draft lottery, by accumulating picks they could trade for first over all if it was possible.

To Van. Byfuglin To Win. Tanev, Schroeder, 2014 1st and 4th (???)

Winnipeg needs a shake up! They get a dependable replacement for Byfuglin in Tanev allowing Bogosian more ice. With Trouba up and coming they would still be repectable on D.

Jokinen is UFA following this year. Schroeder adds the depth at centre

The picks add to the prospect cupboard. Would the picks I propose be sufficient?

At this point I wouldn't want to add any more prospects as we will need them soon.

Would Byfuglin waive to win?

Sedin Sedin Moulsen

Burrows Kessler Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Welsch Dalpe Richardson

Sestito

Edler Byfuglin

Hamhius Bieksa

Stanton Garrison

Corrado Weber

Cap space $145000. Cap acquired 8.3. Cap leaving 7.2. Waive Aberts and Weise 1.35

Based on comparisons to other players across the league, I'm guessing Moulsen would resign in the 5.5 - 6 range. (I can post these after if you like). With cap going up we could do it. Acquire permission to speak with Moulsen to see if he would sign.

NEXT YEAR

Sedin Sedin Moulsen

Shinkaruk Horvat Kessler

Burrows Santorelli Kassian

Higgins Gaunce Richarson/Hansen

Defence the same.

All possible line combos look great.

Following these moves, any future moves should focus on acquiring picks to replenish prospects.

To Van. Moulsen To Buf. Jensen,Booth,2015 1st

After already being part of a NYI rebuild, my bet is Moulsen won't want to be part of another in Buffalo. He will probably want to sign with a contender. Buffalo would likely want to trade this talent out of conference as opposed to a conference rival. We are contenders, out of conference and have a good relationship with Buffalo.

Looking at Buffalo's needs, I think they have reasonable depth at centre with Hodgson, Leino, Grigorenko and Girgenson. With the inevitable exit of Moulsen and demotion to Kaleta, depth on the wings will need to be addressed.

Why Buffalo does this:

1)Address depth on wings

2)$$$$. With Moulsen gone (3.1 mil), the expected trade of Miller (6.25)and any unknown exits of anyone over 2 mil. such as Stafford, Ott or Ehrhoff, Buffalo does not meet the cap floor. Booth simply helps with this scenario. He only has one year remaining under contract and therefor would not handcuff them long term.He could be considered to be on a 1 yr PTO. Resign according to performance as Raymond did in Toronto or let walk. He is the key for us giving up a 2015 1st.

3)2015 1st. Deep draft that includes McDavid. If Buffalo didn't win the draft lottery, by accumulating picks they could trade for first over all if it was possible.

To Van. Byfuglin To Win. Tanev, Schroeder, 2014 1st and 4th (???)

Winnipeg needs a shake up! They get a dependable replacement for Byfuglin in Tanev allowing Bogosian more ice. With Trouba up and coming they would still be repectable on D.

Jokinen is UFA following this year. Schroeder adds the depth at centre

The picks add to the prospect cupboard. Would the picks I propose be sufficient?

At this point I wouldn't want to add any more prospects as we will need them soon.

Would Byfuglin waive to win?

Sedin Sedin Moulsen

Burrows Kessler Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Welsch Dalpe Richardson

Sestito

Edler Byfuglin

Hamhius Bieksa

Stanton Garrison

Corrado Weber

Cap space $145000. Cap acquired 8.3. Cap leaving 7.2. Waive Aberts and Weise 1.35

Based on comparisons to other players across the league, I'm guessing Moulsen would resign in the 5.5 - 6 range. (I can post these after if you like). With cap going up we could do it. Acquire permission to speak with Moulsen to see if he would sign.

NEXT YEAR

Sedin Sedin Moulsen

Shinkaruk Horvat Kessler

Burrows Santorelli Kassian

Higgins Gaunce Richarson/Hansen

Defence the same.

All possible line combos look great.

Following these moves, any future moves should focus on acquiring picks to replenish prospects.

Waaaay to much given up to get Moulsen. More than Iginla attracted last deadline as a rental. Iginla >> Moulsen. Hey, I like Moulsen, somebody might pay that, but not me. Be different if he was under contract for longer.

I like the Buff trade; but there I dont think you have enough on the table to attract a deal.

I do agree it rounds the team nicely.

Waaaay to much given up to get Moulsen. More than Iginla attracted last deadline as a rental. Iginla >> Moulsen. Hey, I like Moulsen, somebody might pay that, but not me. Be different if he was under contract for longer.

I like the Buff trade; but there I dont think you have enough on the table to attract a deal.

I do agree it rounds the team nicely.

Thanks. I think though that in order for them to take Booth we would have to give the pick. If they don't, I don't give up the pick and the trade as proposed. Also, with Booth as part of this trade, it helps clear cap to facilitate the Buff trade. What else would you add, subtract or substitute for the Byfuglin trade. That's why I had question marks in brackets on my original post regarding this trade in particular. I questioned if what I proposed was enough but started with the 4th to generate dialogue.

Perhaps change the 4th to a 2nd?

Just wanted to add that I don't recall what was involved in the Iginla deal but in this one, the most value going to Buffalo would be the pick. Jensen is a talented but unproven prospect. Booth is under achieving and only adds value for the purpose of Buffalo struggling to meet cap floor ( if Miller, another contract over 2 mil moved and Moulsens inevitable trade).

Dont wanna say both trades are impossible, as we give up a lot, but they arent plausible deals. Interesting outcome though.

Giving up on 4 first rounders 2 picks and 2 formers picks jensen/schroeder plus jensen etc is a lot to give up considering one fo the two players we would gain would be a rental. I do think buffy would be open to playing in Vancouver, he knows our market is crazy and would you rather live in vancity or the peg?

If we acquired both though and that was our roster I think our lines would be:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Burrows

Shinkaruk Horvat Moulson

Hansen Richardson Kassian

Edler Garrison

Hamuis Buffy

Stanton Bieksa

Corrado

Come playoff time : Sedin Sedin Buffy would be deadly

Would be ironic if the man who destroyed our shot at a cup the year he won his, was a piece that helped us win our long overdue first cup.

Overall I really like the end result and could live with the final result of the prospects and lost picks if Moulson signed and Buffy was happy here. Interesting team dynamic on paper, tough deep skilled has youth, leadership, experience, really interesting.

Dont wanna say both trades are impossible, as we give up a lot, but they arent plausible deals. Interesting outcome though.

Giving up on 4 first rounders 2 picks and 2 formers picks jensen/schroeder plus jensen etc is a lot to give up considering one fo the two players we would gain would be a rental. I do think buffy would be open to playing in Vancouver, he knows our market is crazy and would you rather live in vancity or the peg?

If we acquired both though and that was our roster I think our lines would be:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Burrows

Shinkaruk Horvat Moulson

Hansen Richardson Kassian

Edler Garrison

Hamuis Buffy

Stanton Bieksa

Corrado

Come playoff time : Sedin Sedin Buffy would be deadly

Would be ironic if the man who destroyed our shot at a cup the year he won his, was a piece that helped us win our long overdue first cup.

Overall I really like the end result and could live with the final result of the prospects and lost picks if Moulson signed and Buffy was happy here. Interesting team dynamic on paper, tough deep skilled has youth, leadership, experience, really interesting.

Thanks. It is the end result I strive for. It looks great for all the reasons you mentioned. It is tough to have to give up the picks and prospects though but the end result gives us two/four years for our remaining youth to develop and focus on trading for and retaining those picks for 2016,17 and 18. As you mentioned this line up looks interesting and could legitimately compete for a cup. I'm ok with it.

And We would be eight up against the cap or over, depends on resigning Moulson and how much the cap limit rises

We'be been hugging the limit for quite some time. Question....if Weise and Alberts were put on waivers, total Cap being 1.35m, and they are not picked up. How much would go against the cap? Is this why you think we might be over?

Archived