The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Going All In

Pears

If Gillis and Co. are serious about this year I think he should look at making moves like these:

To Vancouver: Nail Yakupov, Oscar Klefbom, 2014 2nd

To Edmonton: Alexander Edler

To Vancouver: David Legwand (Nashville retains $1.5 million of Legwand's cap hit = $3 million)

To Nashville: Jordan Schroeder, Yann Sauve, Van+Edm 2014 2nd

To Vancouver: Brian Campbell (50% retained = $3,571,437)

To Florida: David Booth, Nicklas Jensen, 2014 1st

Remaining cap: $2,499,142

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Legwand - Yakupov

Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian

Archibald - Richardson - Hansen

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Campbell

Stanton - Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

Thoughts?

I have always thought that Legwand would be awesome in a Canucks sweater.

If we can continue to show that we are capable of putting up a fight against teams like LA (scariest team overall I think), SJ and ANA then I wouldn't mind placing a bid for him at the deadline.

:bigblush:

He'd be a really intriguing, fast and gritty two-way center presence for us in the playoffs. Heck, I'd even re-sign him for the following years to come.

If Gillis and Co. are serious about this year I think he should look at making moves like these:

To Vancouver: David Legwand (Nashville retains $1.5 million of Legwand's cap hit = $3 million)

To Nashville: Jordan Schroeder, Yann Sauve, Van 2014 2nd

To Florida: David Booth, Nicklas Jensen, Edm 2014 2nd

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Campbell

Stanton - Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

Thoughts?

Florida can get a better deal than that if they retain half salary.

I would be happy with every move but unlikely

The Yakupov deal is intriguing. One phone call from Bure could turn Yakupov into a goal scoring monster for us. The other deal's are very unrealistic, not necessarily because of value but because of the salary retention. Florida and Nashville are both teams that like talent on the cheap, they very rarely spend to the cap unless they're forced to. Florida would also not take Booth. They got rid of him for a reason.

I think the only one that is somewhat realistic but improbable is the Edler trade. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on that one. We would finally have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards just like most contending teams. If teams shut down the Sedins, they'll still have to worry about Kesler and Yakupov.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kesler-Schroeder-Yakupov

I can dream.

Not even a remote chance one of those trades happens.

Edler for Yakupov straight up is a maybe, include one of EDMs best defensive prospects and a 2nd and there is no chance they go for it.

Legwand is a lifetime Predator, a fan favourite, and most importantly one of their best forwards. Our scraps aren't enough to get him, let alone have NSH retain some of his salary.

Florida isn't going to trade Campbell and retain that much cap, especially if they are getting a $4.2mil contract in return.

that first trade is horrendous. why would edmonton trade a grade a prospect, one of their best defence prospects and a high second round pick for a struggling inconsistent defender, smh.

the ther trades are not likely to happen because gillis said they were trying to become a younger team, but we acquire 2 players on the wrong side of thirty, while giving up three young players. also, why would anyone want to take booth, especially florida who traded him to us in the first place.

The_Stupid__It_Burns_by_Plognark.png

Not even a remote chance one of those trades happens.

Edler for Yakupov straight up is a maybe, include one of EDMs best defensive prospects and a 2nd and there is no chance they go for it.

Legwand is a lifetime Predator, a fan favourite, and most importantly one of their best forwards. Our scraps aren't enough to get him, let alone have NSH retain some of his salary.

Florida isn't going to trade Campbell and retain that much cap, especially if they are getting a $4.2mil contract in return.

Do you not know how low Yakupov's trade value is right now? Edler has him and Klefbom covered easily, though the 2nd might be a bit much but still not as big as an overpayment by Edmonton you make it out to be. Legwand is a pending free agent and most likely won't want to re-sign in Nashville, so Schroeder, a 2nd likely to be in the 30th-40th range and another one in the 50th-60th range is not bad at all for a pending UFA. Campbell's cap hit kills his trade value. Florida is gonna have to keep a good amount of Campbell's salary for teams to consider trading for him. I just threw Booth onto the Florida trade but we can dump him somewhere else.

Do you not know how low Yakupov's trade value is right now? Edler has him and Klefbom covered easily, though the 2nd might be a bit much but still not as big as an overpayment by Edmonton you make it out to be. Legwand is a pending free agent and most likely won't want to re-sign in Nashville, so Schroeder, a 2nd likely to be in the 30th-40th range and another one in the 50th-60th range is not bad at all for a pending UFA. Campbell's cap hit kills his trade value. Florida is gonna have to keep a good amount of Campbell's salary for teams to consider trading for him. I just threw Booth onto the Florida trade but we can dump him somewhere else.

if you honestly think that edler is worth yakupov and klefbom, you honestly need to get a grip. yakupov is 1 year removed from being a first overall pick and putting up 30 points in 48 games. klefbom has been steadily improving since being drafted 18th overall and is the oliers best defence prospect after nurse. edler, on the other hand, is inconsistent, can be a liability in his own zone and has inflated point totals due to playing with the sedins.

To Nashville: Jordan Schroeder, Yann Sauve, Van+Edm 2014 2nd

To Florida: David Booth, Nicklas Jensen, 2014 1st

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Campbell

Stanton - Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

Thoughts?

Great idea except for a few facts you forget to include in the proposal

Gillis said he would no longer trade picks in year end interview

Edmonton is still angry with us trying to fleece them with cory and he ended up going to NJ for much less than what we asked Edm

Fla doesn't want Booth back

These facts just about ruin all your trades :lol:

If Edmonton offered that trade for Edler I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Sadly, Edler alone for Yakupov, Klefbom, and a 2nd is a definite underpayment. As euphoria said, Yakupov is 1 year removed from being selected 1st overall and putting up 30 points in 48 games. The only reason he is even thought as being "on the trade block" is because he's in a sophomore slump. He is still a good player with tremendous upside. Yakupov's perceived trade value may be low, but all GMs know it will take a fortune to get last season's first overall pick.

Hahaha so we trade Edler and get back the 1st pick overall from a couple years ago and more! Wow how good do you think Edler is? Pronger or doughty type D guy. Edmonton would never do this trade! Edler would wave his NTC to go to Edmonton because of their Mall obviously

I like legwand but would they do it...maybe! He'd be a great pick up though!

When s the last time you saw Campbell play? Big contract $ with a ton of years left. It would be nice to get rid of booth but adding Jensen and a 1st. Wow that would be Xmas for the panthers...no thanks!

Archived