The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) van-edm

Alright. This is a pretty obvious trade in my mind. Edm is looking for a d man and we have plenty right now. Van is looking for a young second line player.... edm has one available. Look past his attitude right now.... honestly I feel he just wants out of edmonton and is being an ass to make it happen... I don't blame him.

Now people say edler wouldn't waive his ntc to go to edmonton... well I think he would. He would get all the playing time and pp time that he wanted while not being crucified for every turn over he made. He would be their franchise defensemen... that can be very appealingto a player. Also edmonton has a tendancy to over pay their players... I think edler would like that.

I'm not saying he would waive. I am saying lets not judge peoples proposals before we hear out of edlers mouth if he would or would not waive to go to edmonton.

That being said here is the trade I feel should happen.

To van:

Yakapov, martin marincin, 1st round pick 2015

To edmonton:

Edler, schroeder

Sedin sedin kesler

Burrows santorelli yakapov

Higgins richardson hansen

Booth dalpe kassian

Next year

Sedin sedin kesler

Burrows horvat yakapov

Jensen/shinkaruk gaunce hansen

Archibald richardson kassian

Holy solid crop at foward!

I don't care for the trade. Torts wants his team to work hard, something Yakupov and the other 'kids' on the Oilers seem to be deathly allergic too. I can't see Yakupov fitting in with Torts, and trading Edler will make the defense worse, so I don't see the net benefit other than getting an early first rounder in 2015. If the Canucks want to make a play for an early first rounder in 2015, do it on draft day, not 20 months in advance of the draft.

Alright. This is a pretty obvious trade in my mind. Edm is looking for a d man and we have plenty right now. Van is looking for a young second line player.... edm has one available. Look past his attitude right now.... honestly I feel he just wants out of edmonton and is being an ass to make it happen... I don't blame him.

Now people say edler wouldn't waive his ntc to go to edmonton... well I think he would. He would get all the playing time and pp time that he wanted while not being crucified for every turn over he made. He would be their franchise defensemen... that can be very appealingto a player. Also edmonton has a tendancy to over pay their players... I think edler would like that.

I'm not saying he would waive. I am saying lets not judge peoples proposals before we hear out of edlers mouth if he would or would not waive to go to edmonton.

That being said here is the trade I feel should happen.

To van:

Yakapov, martin marincin, 1st round pick 2015

To edmonton:

Edler, schroeder

Sedin sedin kesler

Burrows horvat yakapov

Jensen/shinkaruk gaunce hansen

Archibald richardson kassian

Holy solid crop at foward!

Wheres higgy?

Archived