The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] VAN interested in Marty Reasoner

Strombone1

Really MG? This is the best you can do?

As much as I like Marty, we have Richardson and Santo to be stop gaps in the middle.

What we need is another top six forward

My Mom always cautioned that one should 'consider the source before over reacting" .. sound advice ..

If this is true, which there is no way of telling these days, it would be a step back for Gillis. He has made some very shrewd moves lately in Santorelli and Richardson. Looking at Reasoner would be a step in the wrong direction. Taking on another older player would be a mistake if management has any interest in making a deep run.

We dont need more crappy 4th line depth centre's especially one that is 36. If Kes moves back to 2nd line centre we would have Sedin, Kes, Santo, and Richardson down the middle which is solid.

Any one of those guys get injured and the Canucks have problems. Plus with Torts preferring Kes on the wing (which I agree with) the Canucks still have a shortage at C position. Schroeder is a question mark. Welsh has been good but a good 4th line utility center/winger would shore up alot of potential problems. Not saying Reasoner is the answer but clearly the team needs depth at the C position.

1 game over the course of an 80 game season and look at how badly you panic. Just wow.

look man reasoner is an at best sideways move, definitely not an upgrade. so if your suggesting that out bot 6 needs an upgrade (which it doesnt) this is not the move.

I'm not panicking I'm simply suggesting that the bottom six isn't the problem, its the second line. I'm not saying we have the assrts to do so or making any trade proposals but if we added a 2nd line winger we could score more goals and our bottom 6 would be better.

you shouldn't call people idiots when you don't agree with them. and maybe take some time to view others opinions you can learn a lot from doing so.

Archived