The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UBC Admission Requirements

KoreanHockeyFan

Dude, we have 1 month semestral breaks over here, which is ample time for you to "travel". Unless you want to travel the whole world like that person from Calgary where it took him so many years to do. My cousin has finished law school and has "traveled" to 100 or more countries. How did he do that? He didn't take 2 years off school? Vacation or travel can be done during school, even if you want to take a semester off and have 2 to 3 months, it can be done. You don't need years off to travel, unless you want to be the next Marco Polo. Studying abroad is actually more of an eye opener than just travelling all over the place.

You are right that the time is short and we have to use it wisely, that is the reason why I said you shouldn't be taking 2 years off before attending school. There is always a chance to travel or even study abroad after you graduate. Heck, am an example of this.

Who ever said anything about 2 years? And I never said don't study abroad. Stop being all angsty and take it to the extremes, seems like fools resort to that kind of argument.

far too much self righteousness going on in this discussion

Pretty much. That's why I haven't posted in this thread of mine for a while.

Whatever, this is what CDC is usually like so I'm not surprised. Way too many people in this thread trying to show how they know how to live life the best way possible.

Just do whatever makes you happy. To the ones actually trying to get into UBC or SFU or any other post-secondary school, just keep one thing in mind: you're entering the last years of your life where you have minimal responsibilities and plenty of time to screw around. So do it. Go screw around.

Archived