The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Theoretical-Luongo

lunde6

So let's say Canada wins Gold, and Luongo plays at his .920 save percentage and posts a shutout or two along the way. Couple days before the trade deadline another GM offers us a 2nd Round Pick for Lu....Would you take it? Assuming Miller and Hiller had both been traded prior to the Olympics and the only goalies on the market were Thomas and maybe Brodeur (lol right?)

So in essence, would you trade this years run, for long term sustainability with the caveat that we would need to find a goalie?

I think I would trade him...

So let's say Canada wins Gold, and Luongo plays at his .920 save percentage and posts a shutout or two along the way. Couple days before the trade deadline another GM offers us a 2nd Round Pick for Lu....Would you take it? Assuming Miller and Hiller had both been traded prior to the Olympics and the only goalies on the market were Thomas and maybe Brodeur (lol right?)

So in essence, would you trade this years run, for long term sustainability with the caveat that we would need to find a goalie?

A second round pick does not equal long term sustainability. Take a look at how many second round picks never amount to much.

Just as an example, in 1997 (Luongo's draft year) 10 guys never played a single NHL game, 6 guys played less than 10 games and 6 played less than a hundred. Out of 30 picks, only 3 had decent length careers. Ben Clymer (438 games), Kristian Huselius (662 games) and Henrik Tallinder (629 games)

I would keep Luongo.

LOL, I'm going to cover Pear's :picard:

And raise you 4 more :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: ! :towel:

He plays well and we trade him?

No, just no :picard:

Archived