The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DET Patrick Eaves

Smiley2051

Gillis loves the Detroit model and could be a key pickup/pk for bottom 6 (opening up a trade for a couple depth players to get a top 6 = maybe Gaborik??)

I could see MG picking him up. He wasn't playing badly, just the results of Nyquist coming up.

Mr.Matt@Mister_Matt_79Follow

#RedWings have placed Patrick Eaves on waivers. #Canucks could use another depth forward. Only 1.2M cap hit

Gillis loves the Detroit model and could be a key pickup/pk for bottom 6 (opening up a trade for a couple depth players to get a top 6 = maybe Gaborik??)

I could see MG picking him up. He wasn't playing badly, just the results of Nyquist coming up.

Mr.Matt@Mister_Matt_79Follow

#RedWings have placed Patrick Eaves on waivers. #Canucks could use another depth forward. Only 1.2M cap hit

Gaborik will never play here while torts is here

right... like we need more and more grinders when our team's already full of them...

people on here just want to pick up whoever's available...

Right.

Grass is always greener on the other side.

It's actually pretty funny how people always suggest someone who's been placed on waivers. Nothing against the guys on the waivers but sometimes we have too much of the same kind of player.

People on here say that the team lacks depth but I think they are overcompensating.

Wings fans still upset Cleary is on the team. However Eaves isn't bringing much to the table anymore either.

His bigger numbers in Ottawa was the situation/role he was put in, not a result of his tremendous skills or anything. He has since proven quite a servicable NHLer since, but not put up big numbers as he has fit in a depth role player position.

I think Eaves would in Vancouver's case be an upgrade on some of he bottom forwards the team has now. I think he would be a good fit in either of the California teams with their current injury issues.

We don't have the cap space.

If we could squeeze him in instead of Welsh or Sestito I'd be all for it though.

Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen

Booth - Richardson - Eaves

Much better bottom six than what we have now. Dalpe and Welsh could benefit from some time in Utica.

Archived