The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Anaheim Idea

Deal from strength? If I'm Anaheim, with their 'tendng-depth, this is what I'd do:

-Hiller to NYI(don't think they trust Nabby), for Reinhart(or another top young D/D-prospect), Ana seems a little light on D.

Then the biggie:Andersen & a 2nd(1st, if necessary) for Ryan Miller.

Buffalo is getting into a rebuild. Andersen is a big young gt with nice upside. He would fit Buff's timeline, rather nicely. Even Lucic might not run a kid who's 230 lbs!

Believe I heard Miller's wife wants to be in Calif(actress?). They would have Miller & Fasth. When Miller starts aging in a few yrs, you've got John Gibson to step in...Pretty sweet scenario.

These would be absolutely pointless trades by Anaheim and the other teams involved. A pending UFA for a top defence prospect? Islanders laugh. As do the Sabres. The asking price for Miller is a roster player, a 1st and 2nd. Again, why would they trade a pending UFA in Hiller, then follow that by trading for another pending UFA in Miller?

Deal from strength? If I'm Anaheim, with their 'tendng-depth, this is what I'd do:

-Hiller to NYI(don't think they trust Nabby), for Reinhart(or another top young D/D-prospect), Ana seems a little light on D.

Buffalo is getting into a rebuild. Andersen is a big young gt with nice upside. He would fit Buff's timeline, rather nicely. Even Lucic might not run a kid who's 230 lbs!

Believe I heard Miller's wife wants to be in Calif(actress?). They would have Miller & Fasth. When Miller starts aging in a few yrs, you've got John Gibson to step in...Pretty sweet scenario.

Before NYI picked Reinhart, it was rumored they offered every draft pick they had that year for the right to take Ryan Murray. Thats how bad they wanted D prospects.

So they trade the one they got two picks later, Reinhart, for a UFA?

They won't trade away Hiller just to bring in Miller. If they're getting rid of Hiller, that's because they want Andersen and Fasth to split the tandem.

Sorry, it just doesn't make sense.

Archived