The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get kesler off the first unit already

boss

Three goals in the last 3 games

Ryan Kesler has been -3 in the last 3 games with 1 point an assist. With the amount of time this guy is getting he has to be way better and obviously im going to point the finger on Kesler because he gets a free pass every year. Well look at his numbers during this crucial pacific swing absolutely horrible!

burrows will show much more chemistry with the sedins or even kassian take off kesler with the sedins..One more thing I can careless if the sedins and kesler cycle and kill time they dont develop quality scoring chances like burrows had magic with sedins instant chemistry!

PUT IN SESTITO FFS... just the body infront of the goalie. Its crucial...

I know its a little strange but our PP is almost last in the NHL. We might as well try... he has decent hands too.

Also... why does the first unit play so much if they aren't doing Much?? Give the second unit a 50/50 chance.

Kassian is way overrated he is a 3/4th liner and everyone thinks he is so good cause we traded hodgson for him

Right now he's a 3rd/4th liner but most powerforwards take a while to breakout.

Players like Bertuzzi and Backes broke out when they were 25 and Clowe when he was 26. Give Kassian a chance to develop...powerforwards take longer to develop than other players. Yes, Lucic scored 30 goals when he was 23 but that doesn't mean that everyone can do that.

I'm not saying that Kassian will become the next great powerforward, but I just think that we need to be more patient. We don't want another Cam Neely situation.

As for the powerplay, I agree that Kesler needs to be off. We need to shake things up...Over half of Garrison's shots miss the net and our players end up having to chase for the puck. The Canucks might as well try putting Tanev on the powerplay. He's shown his flashes of brilliance (great pass to Fanner Glass in the finals)...as long as he can get the pucks to the net like Ehrhoff did the Sedins can work their magic.

I feel as if Kesler is too much of a dominant player himself to be playing with the Sedins, who like to pass a lot and score goals by creativity and skill. Kesler is the opposite, he scored by going hard to the dirty areas, working hard, and doing most of the work himself. He should be playing with guys who will complement him by feeding him the puck every chance they get. So many times I've seen Kes wide open but the Sedins just pass between themselves.

Definitely put Burrows back with the Sedins and give Kesler his own line again.

PUT IN SESTITO FFS... just the body infront of the goalie. Its crucial...

I know its a little strange but our PP is almost last in the NHL. We might as well try... he has decent hands too.

Also... why does the first unit play so much if they aren't doing Much?? Give the second unit a 50/50 chance.

Well he did score a few goals on the Canucks when he was on cbj's pp...

Lines need a bit of a shake-up. Saying "we played well but couldn't finish" isn't an excuse.

Burrows clearly needs some 3rd line time until he gets back into it.

Kesler needs off the first line

I think the Sedins should be split up, but we might not quite be there yet.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (just try it... you never know... we might actually score some goals. 11-0-2 if nux score 2+ goals this season.)

Higgins - Santorelli - Kesler

Booth - Richardson - Burrows

Sestito - Welsh - Hansen (back next game.)

Hansen: 4th line to regain legs. Will obviously move back up pretty quickly. He was put on IR, so there was limitations to his return. He's been playing for a while. The way Burr is playing, Hansen will probably outperform him pretty quickly.

not sure why people are bothering singling out certain players every player has under achieved from top to bottom for the last 3 games only players i can actually be proud of are Eddie Lack and Roberto Luongo their giving this team a chance to win but the team in front is laying goose eggs

however three game losing streak isn't going to make me panic and call for people to be traded fired so on and so forth i let the panicky bandwagoners do that

Burrows and Kesler are both far from their prime and IMO don't get enough scrutiny from the fans, just because they're "hard workers" and play with "plenty of heart". These guys have been mooching off the Sedins and their only success comes with the twins. Kesler's only goals this season (dating back to some 15 games at the end of last season) have come from the Sedins. He was ice-cold to start the season on his own like despite playing 20 minutes.

The same can be said for Burrows, who has been pretty terrible without Henrik and Daniel to say the least. Still without a goal.

Meanwhile guys like Santorelli, Higgins, Richardson and Kassian are scoring huge goals for this club without the help of the Sedins, and they're doing it with almost half as much ice time as the twins and our top scorers. Hopefully Tortorella rewards these guys with lines like these for the next game:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Burrows - Richardson - Booth

Archived