The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) secondary scoring please!

To van:

Evander kane

To wpg:

Chris higgins, Brendan gaunce, 1st round pick 2014, 2nd round pick 2015

The way I see it: higgins = 2nd/ 3rd line winger, Gaunce = b+ prospect, 1st round pick will be high so add in a second for next year. This seems like a fair value for a young second line power foward like kane.

To van:

Jeff skinner

To car:

Alex Edler

To fla:

David booth, 5th round pick

To van:

Future considerations

To florida because they have so much cap space. And they just lost versteeg. Booth could potentially be wotth the little risk.

Sedin sedin kassian

Kane kesler skinner

Burrows santorelli hansen

Weise richardson dalpe

Lets just say every player waives their no trade clause

To van:

Evander kane

To wpg:

Chris higgins, Brendan gaunce, 1st round pick 2014, 2nd round pick 2015

The way I see it: higgins = 2nd/ 3rd line winger, Gaunce = b+ prospect, 1st round pick will be high so add in a second for next year. This seems like a fair value for a young second line power foward like kane.

To van:

Jeff skinner

To car:

Alex Edler

To fla:

David booth, 5th round pick

To van:

Future considerations

To florida because they have so much cap space. And they just lost versteeg. Booth could potentially be wotth the little risk.

Sedin sedin kassian

Kane kesler skinner

Burrows santorelli hansen

Weise richardson dalpe

Lets just say every player waives their no trade clause

1) typical quantity for quality proposal, no reason for Wpg to make this deal.

2) Not terrible

3) Why would Florida want Booth back? Just because they have cap space doesn't mean they want to use it on an overpaid under performing forward any m,ore than Vancouver does

You would have to turn Gaunce into Horvat. Possibly Higgins into Hansen, depending on who they like more. It's still not gonna be enough but it's a start. Think of the Kessel deal, but knowing one of the 1st is 2nd overall.

I think a lot of people are selling Gaunce short, most future lineup proposals favor Bo. I think Guance has a good shot at being the better player, and is closer to cracking the team.

A fat underpayment on the first one, a top 9 winger, Gaunce who is looking to become a 3rd line center in the NHL at max. A late first round pick who will probably not be even half the player Kane is and same with the 2nd round pick. Scraps for a legit top 6 player who is only getting better and will become a 1st line player.

2nd one is sacrificing defense for offense. Kane isn't enough secondary scoring for us? We don't need to give up so much more defense.

Florida I doubt will take Booth back.

The 2nd one might work but I don't know if Edler will waive his NTC for Carolina, I see alot in Edler personally I wouldn't do it and without my decision I doubt Carolina would give up Skinner for defense. They could sell prospects and picks for a top 4 defensemen.

Archived