The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nov.22.13 -- 50th Anniversary of John F. Kennedy's Assassination

key2thecup

JFK   

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50th Anniversary of JFK's assassination this upcoming Nov.22.13 (Nov.22.1963).

Protestors, "Conspiracy theorists" barred from entering Dealey Plaza on Nov.22.

I've made my views on this known many times, I do not believe the Warren Commission or what the gov't has told us about this event. I believe the rabbit hole goes far far deeper than Lee Harvey Oswald.

What's your view on this? Discuss.

120124_jfk_tapes_605_ap.jpg

4543.jpg

2882134225_99e5c8e0ca.jpg

1011_jfk-rfk.jpg

article-2065064-00086F9200000258-309_634x439.jpg

Oswald was the lone gunman. 3 accurate shots in 6 seconds at a slowly moving target isn't terribly hard shooting for someone who has good shooting fundamentals, let alone someone who qualified marksman in the Marine Corps.

As for the 'magic bullet,' that "myth" is a misinterpretation of the data. Bullets start to tumble and are prone to deflect when they hit a target like human flesh. In addition, Governor Connally was seated inboard and below Kennedy so the bullet that hit Kennedy in the shoulder only need a slight deflection to hit Governor Connally

In addition, Oswald was shooting FMJ military rounds from his Carcano. FMJ rounds were designed to mostly retain the original shape after contacting a soft target (like human flesh) so the 'magic bullet' that looks fairly clean from a side view means that the bullet was designed correctly and didn't mushroom upon impact. When looking at the 'magic bullet' from a head-on view, you can clearly see that the bullet has clearly impacted something that caused it to slightly deform.

Finally, the whole "back and to the left" theory of Kennedy being shot from the front is wrong. When targets are impacted by a high velocity round, the target moves in the direction the bullet was fired from.

Finally, recreations of the shooting prove the if the fatal headshot had come from the front, Jackie would also be dead as she was directly in the bullet path of a head shot from the grassy knoll area.

Oswald was the lone gunman. 3 accurate shots in 6 seconds at a slowly moving target isn't terribly hard shooting for someone who has good shooting fundamentals, let alone someone who qualified marksman in the Marine Corps.

As for the 'magic bullet,' that "myth" is a misinterpretation of the data. Bullets start to tumble and are prone to deflect when they hit a target like human flesh. In addition, Governor Connally was seated inboard and below Kennedy so the bullet that hit Kennedy in the shoulder only need a slight deflection to hit Governor Connally

In addition, Oswald was shooting FMJ military rounds from his Carcano. FMJ rounds were designed to mostly retain the original shape after contacting a soft target (like human flesh) so the 'magic bullet' that looks fairly clean from a side view means that the bullet was designed correctly and didn't mushroom upon impact. When looking at the 'magic bullet' from a head-on view, you can clearly see that the bullet has clearly impacted something that caused it to slightly deform.

Finally, the whole "back and to the left" theory of Kennedy being shot from the front is wrong. When targets are impacted by a high velocity round, the target moves in the direction the bullet was fired from.

Finally, recreations of the shooting prove the if the fatal headshot had come from the front, Jackie would also be dead as she was directly in the bullet path of a head shot from the grassy knoll area.

I have no idea whether Oswald acted alone or with others in the assassination.

But there was an interesting show on "Discovery" a week or two ago about it. The show was based on the research of a guy named Howard Donahue who was a ballistics expert.

Donahue claimed that two different types of bullets hit JFK. He theorized Oswald only fired two shots at Kennedy and that the head shot that did the most damage was actually accidentally fired by one of the Secret Service men riding in the car behind the president.

I don't know enough about guns and bullets to judge. But it was an interesting show. Although I had to wonder why no-one on the street would have been aware of what had happened.

But, be that as it may, if Donahue was right about the two different types of bullets, that would be something in itself.

Recent theories suppose that time frame was closer to 10 seconds as the fIrst shot happened as the car tured on the corner.

It was not impossible to get three off in six but accuracy was an issue.

What gets me every time I am in Dallas is how close in everything is.

Recent theories suppose that time frame was closer to 10 seconds as the fIrst shot happened as the car tured on the corner.

Jesse Ventura on his show tried it with exact distances, same type of gun, etc, and was unable to do it even though he was a marksman in the army. I think Jesse is the most sane of the conspiracy nuts. He openly acknowledges a lot of the crap on his show he doesn't buy into but investigates these claims anyway. Unlike Alex Jones who claims the government is behind EVERYTHING and everything is staged, a false flag, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfDASCapA9Q

Jesse Ventura on his show tried it with exact distances, same type of gun, etc, and was unable to do it even though he was a marksman in the army.

check your facts. He was Navy Seal and a marksman is the lowest shooting qualification. New weapon to him. If he spent time training on the weapon as Oswald had, which is what Oswald's wife Marina claimed, it becomes possible.

Jesse Ventura on his show tried it with exact distances, same type of gun, etc, and was unable to do it even though he was a marksmanin the army.

check your facts. He was Navy Seal and a marksman is the lowest shooting qualification. New weapon to him. If he spent time training on the weapon as Oswald had, which is what Oswald's wife Marina claimed, it becomes possible.

Check my facts? I don't care, I have no opinion either way and don't have time to fact check. But if you have the case solved then congrats B)

Anyone on this forum besides me was alive when President Kennedy was shot?

Given the lack of activity on this thread I think most people were not yet born back in 1963.

Back then, it was as big as 9/11 with nonstop TV coverage.

Yep, I was alive back then, too. (Man, we're old, eh?)

And you're right - about the only thing we can compare it to is 9/11. Watching some of the documentaries about the assassination I still get a bit choked up, it's still got an impact even after all these years.

Quite a few years ago, CBS News did a re-creation of the shooting. They got a bunch of marksmen together to see if they could replicate Oswald's shooting. A couple of them matched it, and one bettered Oswald's time.

Funny thing is, the guy who bettered the time, Howard Donahue, is the guy I mentioned earlier in this thread. He initially supported the 'lone gunman' theory but then started to investigate further and came to the conclusion that two different bullets were used and that the third shot was accidentally made by a secret service man travelling in a car immediately behind the presidential car.

Archived