The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next yrs cap and rfa signings

canuktravella

i was just wandering when will we know what nexts yrs salary cap will be.

i think it will rise to about 67-68 mill hopefully. Gillis has done great getting sedins and lack signed to extensions, now on to kassian and tanev i think gillis wil try get kassian on a 2 or 3 yr deal 1.75-2 mill

before some team offersheets him. I can see tanev asking for 3 plus if so trade him hes not worth that much i even think hes getting paid to much at 1.5 stanton is a steal at 550 next yr.

imagine if joe thornton goes to free agency i think hed be perfect fit on second line(set up kesler all the time and pp would be crazy) offer him 1yr 7 mill buy out booth i know im dreaming but fingers crossed

sedin sedin kassian

shinkaruk thornton kesler

burrows horvat hansen

higgins richardson archibald

gaunce

would be insane forward corps

any players youd like gillis to sign in offseason?

One of your better ones. Yeah, I wouldn't mind Thornton he would probably solidify our top 6, we'll have the Sedins, Kesler and Thornton plus Horvat and some other prospects. If Thornton doesn't go I wouldn't mind Marleau or Vanek, I don't know if our team would enjoy having Thornton on our team after last years playoffs.

No, I wouldn't make a splash for any of the free agents. I just looked into the capgeek numbers. We'll have 4m or so if it goes up to 68 like you project it to. We have to keep 23 guys on the roster. 12 forwards 6 d 2 g + the 3 pressbox guys.

If we were to utilize the prospects that we have etc, we'd be at around 64m.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

Hunter Shinkaruk ($0.925m) / Bo Horvat ($0.925m) / Zack Kassian ($0.851m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($0.894m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Jordan Schroeder ($0.660m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($2.500m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Kellan Lain ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Chris Tanev ($2.750m)

Frank Corrado ($0.591m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($1.150m)

BUYOUTS

David Booth ($0.000m)

Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $68 or so million; CAP PAYROLL: $64,329,111; BONUSES: $1,233,333

Don't be shocked if the Canucks move Tanev. If we try to squeeze Corrado in next season as well, he could save up to two million in cap space. Then you're looking at 5-6 million in cap.

Even still, I'd rather not make a splash this offseason. See what we have in the next few years with our prospects, and how our core is aging, etc.

your assuming we dont buy out booth which clears 4.25 off books a small trade or two wed have a ton of cap space

horvat 925k

shinkaruk 925k

gaunce 900k

corrado 594k

3.35m in space for 4 roster spots thats the beauty of entry level deals

Are you purposely ignoring the compliance buyout I used on booth in my post?The 13th 14th 7th d count for 1.5-2.5 of the cap as well.

No way in hell does Thornton come to Vancouver. Sure, San Jose have Pavelski and Couture, but if Thornton leaves SJ he isn't coming to one of their biggest rivals, and we don't have the 5M+ he'll be asking for.

I think by next season guys like Horvat, Gaunce, Schroeder, Shinkaruk and Jensen will all be NHL-ready and should be worked into the roster.

I mostly care about Schroeder and Kassian. 2 years, between 1.4-1.8 for each. Welsh will be given a slight upgrade.

Santorelli is the biggest question mark, so I won't speculate. I think management's plan was for Schroeder to take the position he currently holds, so we'll see how it plays out in the new year.

Good chance Weber is back as well.

No way in hell does Thornton come to Vancouver. Sure, San Jose have Pavelski and Couture, but if Thornton leaves SJ he isn't coming to one of their biggest rivals, and we don't have the 5M+ he'll be asking for.

I think by next season guys like Horvat, Gaunce, Schroeder, Shinkaruk and Jensen will all be NHL-ready and should be worked into the roster.

Horvat Shinkaruk yes. Jensen Guance who knows.

last thing van needs is thorton this guy is the definition of disappearing in the post season. no team would send kassian an offer sheet he hasn't proven anything yet so i wouldn't worry about that. tanev has looked good with torts system solid young d man could be vans hottest commodity.

last thing van needs is thorton this guy is the definition of disappearing in the post season. no team would send kassian an offer sheet he hasn't proven anything yet so i wouldn't worry about that. tanev has looked good with torts system solid young d man could be vans hottest commodity.

If you are okay with the henrik and daniel's production in the playoffs, you should not have a problem with thornton's. Thornton has a higher PPG in the regular season AND PLAYOFFS.

Vanek or Gaborik is what we need IMO...would've been perfect this year, but next year works out as well. If we got Vanek;

Sedin - Sedin - Vanek as top line

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian

Archibald - Richardsson - Hansen

If we got Gaborik;

Sedin - Sedin - Gaborik

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian

Archibald - Richardsson - Hansen

I certainly want Gabby over Vanek, considering the speed advantage he has over Vanek. But either one would be ideal.

Thornton isn't what we need though. He isn't what I would a call a goal scorer + he wouldn't even think of signing here, playing behind the twins unless Luo some how convinced him.

i was just wandering when will we know what nexts yrs salary cap will be.

i think it will rise to about 67-68 mill hopefully. Gillis has done great getting sedins and lack signed to extensions, now on to kassian and tanev i think gillis wil try get kassian on a 2 or 3 yr deal 1.75-2 mill

before some team offersheets him. I can see tanev asking for 3 plus if so trade him hes not worth that much i even think hes getting paid to much at 1.5 stanton is a steal at 550 next yr.

imagine if joe thornton goes to free agency i think hed be perfect fit on second line(set up kesler all the time and pp would be crazy) offer him 1yr 7 mill buy out booth i know im dreaming but fingers crossed

sedin sedin kassian

shinkaruk thornton kesler

burrows horvat hansen

higgins richardson archibald

gaunce

would be insane forward corps

any players youd like gillis to sign in offseason?

Thornton will Never Ever come here. Doubt any big name will with torts and gillis here

No, I wouldn't make a splash for any of the free agents. I just looked into the capgeek numbers. We'll have 4m or so if it goes up to 68 like you project it to. We have to keep 23 guys on the roster. 12 forwards 6 d 2 g + the 3 pressbox guys.

If we were to utilize the prospects that we have etc, we'd be at around 64m.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

Hunter Shinkaruk ($0.925m) / Bo Horvat ($0.925m) / Zack Kassian ($0.851m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($0.894m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Jordan Schroeder ($0.660m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($2.500m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Kellan Lain ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Chris Tanev ($2.750m)

Frank Corrado ($0.591m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($1.150m)

BUYOUTS

David Booth ($0.000m)

Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $68 or so million; CAP PAYROLL: $64,329,111; BONUSES: $1,233,333

Don't be shocked if the Canucks move Tanev. If we try to squeeze Corrado in next season as well, he could save up to two million in cap space. Then you're looking at 5-6 million in cap.

Even still, I'd rather not make a splash this offseason. See what we have in the next few years with our prospects, and how our core is aging, etc.

Great so the same losing team next year too ...

Archived