F Peter Holland

F Brad Staubitz

DUCKS ACQUIRE

D Jesse Blacker

3rd-Round Pick (2014)

7th-Round Pick (2014)

Chris Johnston (@reporterchris)

11/16/2013, 10:15 AM

The third-round pick the #leafs sent the #ducks will become a second-rounder if Peter Holland plays 25 NHL games this season.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired forwards Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for defenceman Jesse Blacker and two 2014 draft picks.

The 22-year-old Holland has scored one goal in four games played with the Ducks in 2013-14. Holland has also scored five goals and four assists in 10 games with the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League this season.

Toronto surrenders a conditional third-round pick that could become a second-round selection should certain conditions be met and a seventh-round pick originally acquired from the Ducks as part of the trade that sent David Steckel to Anaheim

The move helps improve the Leafs' depth at centre ice with injuries to Tyler Bozak and Dave Bolland as well as the current three-game suspension being served by Nazem Kadri.

Holland has appeared in 29 career NHL games, all with the Ducks, scoring five goals and two assists. He was originally selected 15th overall by Anaheim at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Blacker, 22, has appeared in five games with the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League this season, registering one goal. He was selected in the second round (58th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Maple Leafs.

Staubitz, 29, has not played for the Ducks this season but has appeared in six games for Norfolk.

A veteran of five NHL seasons, Staubitz was placed on waivers earlier this season by the Ducks but went unclaimed.

He has appeared in 230 career NHL games with the Ducks, San Jose Sharks, Minnesota Wild and Montreal Canadiens, scoring 10 goals, 11 assists and racking up 521 penalty minutes.

Unbelieveably lazy thread.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=436760

MAPLE LEAFS ACQUIRE

F Peter Holland

F Brad Staubitz

DUCKS ACQUIRE

D Jesse Blacker

3rd-Round Pick (2014)

7th-Round Pick (2014)

with Orr, McClaren, Fraser and Clarkson,,now add Staubitz,,at least the Leafs will be the toughest team in the league,,no goals but truculance.

Who wins the game tonight? Laffs or Buff? I chose Buff last night, but not feeling "as" confident about them winning again. Take into account that the Laffs are missing 3 of their top CM. Do you thing Holland will be a difference maker in his first game?

I do. hell even that minor leaguer (smith?) did well last night. crapty center> no center

So they trade Colborne and get a 4th rounder. Turns out they could use him to centre the 3rd or 4th lines.

Then they give up a 3rd, a 7th, and a defensive prospect they probably didn't want to move, to get a centre with some upside?

Not great asset management to me. This is why the Canucks would be crazy to move our prospects for short term help, because we're finally stocking the shelves. Depth wins cups.

So they trade Colborne and get a 4th rounder. Turns out they could use him to centre the 3rd or 4th lines.

Then they give up a 3rd, a 7th, and a defensive prospect they probably didn't want to move, to get a centre with some upside?

Not great asset management to me. This is why the Canucks would be crazy to move our prospects for short term help, because we're finally stocking the shelves. Depth wins cups.

That's Dave Nonis at his finest.

But good point, pointing this out. Give him props for Peter Holland.

A trade like this, and recently nino niederreiter gets traded for a 4th line player and a 3rd round pick, makes me wonder what is Jordan Schroeder worth???

nonis still making same mistakes. trades away a second or third pick and a 7th for a minor leaguer/3rd liner and a 4th line goon of which the leafs have plenty of. they better start working on the penalty kill to many easy calls for the refs with all the goons.and didn't they just trade brown away. tough and talentless great combo i'm sure the goal and wins will just pile up now.

Any team with their top 3 centers out of the lineup will be in trouble. You can't anticipate that.

Archived