Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edm-Nash

To Nash

Eberle

2014 1st - Most likely top 3 pick

2014 2nd

To Edm

Shea Weber

Nashville has lots of good d-men and a great goalie, and Jones will replace Weber as he gets better. They desperately need offense and they get that with Eberle and the 1st.

Edmonton gets one of the best d-men in the league

Good deal, only problem is that Nashville needs a goalie right now since Rinne is hurt, for however long. Their other two goalies really aren't doing much to help the team, letting in 17 goals in 4 games. Sure they haven't scored a lot, but before they trade their best D-man, for a player who is great, but won't help their defence is kind of risky.

Deal is good, but they have bigger things they need to fill.

I think that is actually pretty good for both teams, but I think Nash would ask for more. They Value Weber super highly, plus they would take into account that if Edmonton got Shea Weber, I don't think they will still finish bottom three. The acquisition of Weber could probably make them a bubble team for the playoffs. If they don't make it they would probably barely be kicked out

No way. When the Flyers gave an offer-sheet to Shea, the Preds, by way of not matching, would have gotten the Flyers' next four first round picks. Now that they've committed to him financially, they'd want to either keep him or only move him for premium pieces. The first is good while the Oil suck sans Shea, but once they get him it should (I'm not going to say will because it's the Oilers we're talking about here :P) help them become a better team, probably one that at least makes the playoffs, and so it won't be top 3 anymore. Because of that, no way the Preds trade him for just a mid-low first and a second.

I'd think they'd want one of the young guns as the foundation in the trade for moving Shea. No way they just move him for futures without getting immediate help up front.

No way. When the Flyers gave an offer-sheet to Shea, the Preds, by way of not matching, would have gotten the Flyers' next four first round picks. Now that they've committed to him financially, they'd want to either keep him or only move him for premium pieces. The first is good while the Oil suck sans Shea, but once they get him it should (I'm not going to say will because it's the Oilers we're talking about here :P) help them become a better team, probably one that at least makes the playoffs, and so it won't be top 3 anymore. Because of that, no way the Preds trade him for just a mid-low first and a second.

I'd think they'd want one of the young guns as the foundation in the trade for moving Shea. No way they just move him for futures without getting immediate help up front.

Did you miss Eberle?

Did you miss Eberle?

Upon further review, I realize I did haha. Yeah the deal makes sense. Shea'll probably help on both ends of the ice, since the Oil are dead last in goals for and first in goals against in this division, and his booming shot can ignite the offense along with their young gunners up front. He'll also stabilize the back end, that's for sure.

Hall - Nuge - Hemsky

*Yak - Gagner - Perron

That's a pretty decent Top 6 for the Oil (if Nail returns to form), and this is a decent D-group

Ference - Weber (pretty strong 1st pairing)

N. Schultz - Petry (both these guys can play around 20 minutes)

Belov - J. Schultz (Justin's played around 20 minutes in his time in Oil Country)

If this trade does happen and Bryz plays well (we'll see about that!) this team can be dangerous again.

I just wonder how Eberle'll fare when his top-notch linemates get replaced by quality grinders and second-tier scorers.

Archived