The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] - vancouver interested in matthias?

Tom Sestito

Agreed completely: not a necessity. I'm really done with the 3rd line players. Burrows, Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, Richardson, Santorelli..

I saw a post on HFBoards regarding the value of two 3rd line players for one top six guy from the canucks. If it came down to it, I'd move Hansen. He plays really hard, but he has zero hands.

Anyways, assuming that Vancouver moves a pick or prospect, this is what we're looking at..

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

?Higgins - Santorelli - Kesler

Booth - Matthias - Kassian

? Richardson - Hansen

Maybe?

I see seven 3rd line players lol.

Yes please!

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Santorelli - Kassian

Higgins - Matthias - Hansen

Booth - Richardson - Weise

Sauve+2nd?

I like that but I think this would be better

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Santorelli-Kesler-Kassian

Yes please!

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Santorelli - Kassian

Sauve+2nd?

3 amazing 3rd lines - we still really need a legit 2nd line tho, maybe getting Matthias could help us move another piece to make a deal to get a 2nd liner

3 amazing 3rd lines - we still really need a legit 2nd line tho, maybe getting Matthias could help us move another piece to make a deal to get a 2nd liner

I think we can do with Burrows in the top six IF he plays with Kesler or the Sedins. On his own with some eh teammates, he's a 3rd liner.

So we're looking at 4/6 top six guys. I like the idea of Booth - Matthias - Kassian as a 3rd line. Big bodies that can skate fast.

I see Richardson and Hansen as fourth line guys. But probably the two best fourth liners in the NHL. The kind of fourth line you need to win in this league.

Leaves our overachieving guys to fill out the top six. - Santorelli and Higgins. I don't think Santorelli will continue at his pace, so another top six guy would still be needed anyways.

A jump from 3rd to 2nd really isn't much

Our need is 2nd line scorer. The Canucks have only scored 3 goals in the past 3 games. We can't rely every night on the BeastModo line to score for us, we need secondary scoring from the 2nd and 3rd lines as well. Brad Boyes, in my opinon would have been a great acquisition and would have fit well here but MG missed that opportunity. If Santorelli and Richardson didn't exceed expectations, I don't know what position we would be at right now in the Standings.

The beautiful thing about Matthias is that he could theoretically be had for less than Teams are offering for Fleischmann if indeed there is demand for him.

He is a big bodied guy with decent hands who can skate. Saying his end potential at his age is only a 3rd line C at best is foolish. I'd love to see him come tot he team but still wouldn't give up any of our top 6, Richardson or Hansen let alone any of our solid prospects. B Prospect and a couple of late picks in alternating years, but Tallon probably won't bite. even though Florida has a glut of C's right now I don't see Tallon moving anyone for less than what stupid Buffalo/Islanders trade said the market was worth for Vanek/Moulson.

But if I am Gillis I am offering said B prospect and a 3rd this year 5th next year for him. Why? because his dwindling FO% and sad scoring as of late. 1 year of 40+ isn't much but then again he's playing on the Panthers.

Keep in mind he was a Bowman/Holland pick from Detroit and could only need that change of scenery to jumpstart his career again.

But again, he'd be awesome here and aside from Campbell or any of their young prospects the only guy i'd really want off that team before deleting and blocking that phone number from every phone in the organization.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80226

Archived