The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HNIC After Hours: Flames' McGrattan

verybcman

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. What an insightful interview...really liked his honesty and heartfelt answers. I'm now a fan too! This was one of the better after hours...really gave us a good look behind one of the league's tough guys. He was very well spoken and sincere.

He showed some sportsmanship following his fight with Gazdic too.

I LOVE seeing things like this, it proves that there are still honorable men out there.

I would still really love the see the interview and learn more about this guy.

I think the league is going to be a very dangerous place once they fully eliminate the tough guy role...

One of the best After Hours interviews they've ever had. It's amazing the stories all these NHLers have. What they've all been through to be where they are. And you wouldn't think a guy like McGrattan would be the sensitive and kind guy. I gained a lot of respect for him when he accepted Gazdic's fight request and then gave him a nice pat after they were done. And gained even more respect after the interview.

Truly a good guy.

Here's a link to the interview:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockeynightincanada/afterhours/video/#id=2418834620

Must have been hard for Scott Oake to be part of that seeing as his son passed away from substance abuse related issues.

Archived