The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No GSP gets destroyed by Hendricks threads?

Brick Tamland

First of all, I am not a gsp fan at all. But people like to throw the word robbery around a lot in mma. This was a close fight which probably should have gone to johnny if you assess the fight as a whole or had the pride judging criteria. I think most people had johnny winning rounds 2and 4 cconvincingly, while gsp only won round 3 convincingly. Rounds 5 and 1 were very close. Gsp won each of those rounds on the score cards by the skin of his teeth. I personally has gsp winning round 5, and 1 being a toss up.

Based on the current 10-9 scoring system, I guess gsp just did enough to keep the belt but Hendricks inflected a lot more damage in the fight.

As for the lool at gsp's face comment, the dude bruises easily. He dominated condit in his last fight and looked way worse them Condit. Fedor has a similar problem as well. Hell, look at the first silva vs sonnen fight where sonnen mauled silva but looked 10x worse after the fight.

They don't judge a winner based on what each fighters face looks like at the end.

Exactly this.

People should actually be required to watch the whole fight before making a decision on the winner rather than deciding the winner based soley on the Sportsnet Connected highlights package.

Cry me a river bro, GSP didn't get 'destroyed' by Hendricks. Hendricks connected on a few elbows which cut GSP, but GSP scored more takedowns and landed more punches

HeHendricks landed more kicks and more strikes overall and actually did damage with his 2 takedowns conpared to Gsp's 3

First of all, I am not a gsp fan at all. But people like to throw the word robbery around a lot in mma. This was a close fight which probably should have gone to johnny if you assess the fight as a whole or had the pride judging criteria. I think most people had johnny winning rounds 2and 4 cconvincingly, while gsp only won round 3 convincingly. Rounds 5 and 1 were very close. Gsp won each of those rounds on the score cards by the skin of his teeth. I personally has gsp winning round 5, and 1 being a toss up.

Based on the current 10-9 scoring system, I guess gsp just did enough to keep the belt but Hendricks inflected a lot more damage in the fight.

As for the lool at gsp's face comment, the dude bruises easily. He dominated condit in his last fight and looked way worse them Condit. Fedor has a similar problem as well. Hell, look at the first silva vs sonnen fight where sonnen mauled silva but looked 10x worse after the fight.

This is a perfect assessment of the fight. I had GSP winning rounds 1, 3, and 5. Hendricks convincingly won 2 and 4. How you scored round 1 was key in this fight, in my opnion. Overall, if this fight was scored on points, Hendricks would have won, but, it isn't, it's scored by who wins each round, and that's why GSP was victorious.

Archived