The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Florida Proposal

To Florida

Jannik Hansen

2nd

To Vancouver

1st

Florida gets 27 year old veteran presence who is a work horse with upside and can teach their prospects a lot, and a top 60 pick

Vancouver takes a gamble on hoping for a top 10 pick, but also runs the risk of making Florida better and achieving out of that range. Also clears up cap space for us nthis offseason to get another top 6 forward, our top 9 will still be just as good, if not better next year.

Sedin Sedin top 6 forward

Burrows Kesler Shinkaruk

Higgins Horvat Kassian

Richardson Santorelli Archibald. THAT is depth.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Edler

Tanev Stanton

I feel having two firsts again will be a big boost for our future and we could maybe even trade them together for a top 5 pick.

Edit: this roster has 7.7 million cap space, to sign a FA top 6 forward under the 64.3 million cap limit. Without telling how much it goes up next year, we could have 10 million in signing room this summer, sounds like Vanek Stastny or Gaborik to me!!

To Florida

Jannik Hansen

2nd

To Vancouver

1st

Florida gets 27 year old veteran presence who is a work horse with upside and can teach their prospects a lot, and a top 60 pick

Vancouver takes a gamble on hoping for a top 10 pick, but also runs the risk of making Florida better and achieving out of that range. Also clears up cap space for us nthis offseason to get another top 6 forward, our top 9 will still be just as good, if not better next year.

Sedin Sedin top 6 forward

Burrows Kesler Shinkaruk

Higgins Horvat Kassian

Richardson Santorelli Archibald. THAT is depth.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Edler

Tanev Stanton

I feel having two firsts again will be a big boost for our future and we could maybe even trade them together for a top 5 pick.

Edit: this roster has 7.7 million cap space, to sign a FA top 6 forward under the 64.3 million cap limit. Without telling how much it goes up next year, we could have 10 million in signing room this summer, sounds like Vanek Stastny or Gaborik to me!!

I'm not clear why we trade Hansen for futures? And we give up a 2knd plus Hansen to get a first... His cap hit is a score, we would be looking for someone just like to compliment Statsny (yuck) or whomever it is you intend to pick up UFA.

A trade like Kassians netted us a good player. But set the team back 2 to 3 years. Losing Hansen would set us back as well.

You could be exec of the year in 2019...

Or fired for dishing out big bucks to one dimensional talents who have never won anything.

Florida laughs and then never makes a trade with Vancouver ever again.

Hansen is a consummate pro who scores at a 40 point clip and plays every dirty area of the ice hard, with a cheap contract through his prime.

One of Florida's problems is they have lots of talent and not enough guys like Hansen to teach them how to play the pro game. I agree Florida is probably going to tank, and keep a potential top 5 pick. The trade concept really goes against what either team would want to do; not a deal making formula. But the pick might not be top 5, the value is not completely horrible.

I like this trade for us, but I don't know if Florida does this.

Florida is in a weird state, they are rebuilding but have so much youth in their lineup that maybe they should exchange prospects for top 6 players. Confused on what they're trying to accomplish.

Archived