The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Ryan O'Reilly to Vancouver

Nothing, because it won't happen. O'Reilly is a great player. One of those players you need to win a cup. He's playing LW with Duchene I believe, and it's working well. If they decide to move Stastny, they still have Duchene O'Reilly and Macks.

It'd cost something around Edler or Hamhuis or Bieksa etc. They wouldn't be interested in a CDC proposal of Booth Tanev Schroeder 1st jensen.

Nothing, because it won't happen. O'Reilly is a great player. One of those players you need to win a cup. He's playing LW with Duchene I believe, and it's working well. If they decide to move Stastny, they still have Duchene O'Reilly and Macks.

It'd cost something around Edler or Hamhuis or Bieksa etc. They wouldn't be interested in a CDC proposal of Booth Tanev Schroeder 1st jensen.

Only possible trade I could see maybe is

Edler

Schroeder

?

For

O'Reilly

Gee ya think? LOL. O'Reilly is an untouchable for the Avs. They wouldn't consider moving him at this point.

Ryan O'Reilly is a very good player - however, he's about to be waaaay overpaid. The Flames structured their offer sheet in such a way that his qualifying offer at the end of the year must be at least 6.5 million. I don't think he's worth it.

So if Colorado does decide to trade him, I think this lowers his value. Edler straight-up would probably be too much.

Myself, I don't think he's the answer. We need a top-6 playmaker, who has vision and creativity. I think ROR is just a better version of what we have in abundance - grinding 2-way players, who only thrive offensively when playing with an aforementioned playmaker.

Archived