The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Shea Weber for Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle?

aqua59

I don't know, Weber would be amazing and everything but I don't think we can manage that contract plus we'd have to sell our farm team (including Horvat and Shinkaruk) to get Weber. I'd rather have both these guys who are going to be studs for the next 15 years instead of 1 Dman who will be worth his contract for about 7 years.

Weber has a no trade clause. Assuming he';d waive it, would he waive it for Edmonton? I doubt it. Waiving it for Vancouver would be another story. Lets not forget Cap hits. Weber's contract is huge. Meaning some Vancouver players would be waiving their no trade clauses too.

Start reality, Weber isn't coming to Vancouver unless Gillis really has some gut and a solid vision. I thought maybe Edler would be involved in something of a trade with Nashville before he was signed last year. I just don't see it happening.

Why would Nashville trade Weber now? His contract was frontloaded and the Predators have already paid him $27 million out of the $110 million contract.

I really don't see the Predators being willing to give up Weber after doing that. Also, for a team with a tight budget, they will be paying Weber less than his cap hit which would be beneficial to them as well.

How abkut!

To Van, Taylor Hall

To Edm, Edler, Gaunce, 1st, Hansen.

Hes JUST turned 22, the sky is the limit with this guy on a good team

Even though Taylor Hall is young...I don't like the way he plays. He is already injury prone which will make it 100 times worse on the canucks...Not to mention it seems like every Edmonton game I watch, that guy has a target on his back. I've said it to other Edmonton fans who seem to agree, if he continues to play as hard as he does, he'll hurt himself out of a long career.

Edmonton would have to add a lot more if they wanted Weber, he's worth quite a bit more than either of them. And I highly doubt Weber would ever trade his NTC to go to Edmonton, if I were him I'd rather stay in Nashville, and it's not as if the Oilers are going to be contending any time soon.. at least the Predators make the playoffs.

Archived