The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Brassard for 2nd line center

86Viking

I think Brassard could be a good fit centering our 2nd line. and help with the pp aswell. In his short tenure under john tortorella he was nearly a point per game after the trade during the regular season. He also lead the Rangers in points in last years playoffs i believe.

Im not sure what the Rangers needs are, they have a few D men who are ufa at season end, What do you think it would take to get brassard?

So why does NYR want to trade him unless we're overpaying?

well its pretty simple actually, Tortorella isnt coaching there, and hes not performing that well under AV. He is an upcoming ufa. The rangers need to sign: Lundquist, Callahan, del zotto and girardi. Most of which are more important.

Id be willing to give up something fairly decent to get him. like a prospect or young guy(jensen/Schroeder/gaunce and a 2nd round pick for him, as i think he could do well here and could be resigned to a reasonable cap hit for a 2nd line player

Well, no one on the Rangers was really doing all that well. They've started to get better, but most of the team's struggled. If they don't improve by the end of the year, there will be some personnel changes for sure, maybe even moving some pending UFAs at the deadline.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brassard and was interested in him for the right price from Columbus in the past, but I don't think NYR gives him away for the price we're looking for.

Archived