The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Honest question for Canuck fans.

Brad Bellick^

Would you rather  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would you rather win a cup and turn into a bad team for 20 years or be a competitive team that goes deep in the playoffs multiple times but doesn't win a cup?

Personally, as it stands, I think I'd rather have them finally get a cup. I can put up with years of mediocrity like I did in the past but if the Canucks finally won a cup, I think it would ease the pain big time. What are your thoughts on this?

The thing is this poll makes no sense. I have yet to see a Canadian team be bottom feeder, get out, dominate and be competitive and win a cup.

The thing is you have to be competitive to win the cup can't suck and win(unless your an american team or you draft the right guy at the right time aka crosby toews, kane, malkin).

I would rather be competitive and because you get a better chance to win the cup and its more fun to watch a competitive team.

The thing is this poll makes no sense. I have yet to see a Canadian team be bottom feeder, get out, dominate and be competitive and win a cup.

The thing is you have to be competitive to win the cup can't suck and win(unless your an american team or you draft the right guy at the right time aka crosby toews, kane, malkin).

I would rather be competitive and because you get a better chance to win the cup and its more fun to watch a competitive team.

How does it make no sense? Two scenarios.

You win the cup, but you sacrificed the future for a chance to win the cup and you did, but now all of your players are getting older and your GM sells off the team. For 20 years, your team can't get over the playoff hump and none of your future prospects pan out to be good enough to make the playoffs.

Or Your team consistently makes the playoffs, gets to the conference finals, cup finals a few times, is hard to play against, and plays an exciting brand of hockey but is never able to win the cup.

CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP

How does it make no sense? Two scenarios.

You win the cup, but you sacrificed the future for a chance to win the cup and you did, but now all of your players are getting older and your GM sells off the team. For 20 years, your team can't get over the playoff hump and none of your future prospects pan out to be good enough to make the playoffs.

Or Your team consistently makes the playoffs, gets to the conference finals, cup finals a few times, is hard to play against, and plays an exciting brand of hockey but is never able to win the cup.

This isn't Toronto, Calgary or Edmonton. If we go 20 years sucking we will have empty stands and the team will get moved. Our fans are smart fans and will not take losing or lack of effort from this team.

Lets take it this way: Would you rather have competitive team that doesn't win the cup or would you lose your team after you win the cup. That's the real question

This isn't Toronto, Calgary or Edmonton. If we go 20 years sucking we will have empty stands and the team will get moved. Our fans are smart fans and will not take losing or lack of effort from this team.

Lets take it this way: Would you rather have competitive team that doesn't win the cup or would you lose your team after you win the cup. That's the real question

Lol the Canucks will never be moved. Even if they suck they will still sell seats. It's insane that you think Aquillini would ever move this team with all the land, business etc he owns in Vancouver. Vancouver always will have an NHL team and is one of the few cities I think would never move. Aquillini will always be making money here.

Total speculation you or nobody else knows for certain if the team would get moved or if we would lose our fan base.

There's already been 20 year periods where the team has sucked and it's still in Vancouver. What other pro sports are people going to follow in this city?

TO, CAL & EDM all have SCs, so sucking isn't as painful for them.

It's a paradox: if the Canucks are competitive they'll get chances to win the cup in the next 20 years. That's just how it is. And if we're at the bottom of the league for a few years (say we win and the Sedins retire, Kesler keeps getting injured, Luongo forces a trade, etc) then we'll have strong draft picks and at least get back to being a decent playoff team at some point in the next 20 years.

Since neither is a realistic option, why would I vote for one of them? Honest? Yeah right.

Would you rather win a cup and turn into a bad team for 20 years or be a competitive team that goes deep in the playoffs multiple times but doesn't win a cup?

Personally, as it stands, I think I'd rather have them finally get a cup. I can put up with years of mediocrity like I did in the past but if the Canucks finally won a cup, I think it would ease the pain big time. What are your thoughts on this?

What! and sound like the Maple Laff's fans or the Lames or the Slicks. lol B)

It would be Edmonton 100 % if they would have beaten Carolina in '06.

I have been a canucks fan for 20 years and have seen them (for the most part) be a competive team with no cup, enough is enough, bring on the CUP. I would gladly trade the next 20 years of good hockey and be like calgary or edmonton if it meant we got to finally hold that cup! The cup is everything!

Archived