The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think I Know Why Last Nights Goal Was Waived Off

Ronalds.Kenins41

I know this is old news now and this might now be the right place to talk about it but I feel this is important detail we all missed.

Guys I watched the goal being waived off many times then I realized something many people missed.

If you go to 0:41 of the video (or even the start) you will see Daniel briefly enters the crease(like less than 1 sec) then he fell over. I think he fell over because he realized he entered the crease and wanted to go out.

The ref made the wrong call on the play since daniel didn't even touch the goalie(wtf was the ref thinking when he said daniel contacted the goalie). There was no review.

Watch the ref right at start of video and look where he is looking. He is looking at Daniels skates.

It's crazy Daniel just entered it for one second I have seen many times where other players did with LU and they always get away with it. Its crazy how picky they are with our team and let others go.

The ref never said though that it was cause he entered the crease that's what confuses me if he did I would have understood.

EDIT: ME_ makes a good point on how daniel was pushed by the goalie with his glove at percisly the 0:39 mark and how the goalie made contact with daniel not he other way around.

Yes he was in the crease for a second but no goalie contact.%100 good goal

Goal was disallowed because people hate vancouverites. They hate that we live in a better city than them, they hate that oour team has done nothing but win NHL games for years and they hate bexause they wish they were nux fans.

Refs are just butthurt they can't afford to live here and cheer for the best NHL team of all time.

Refs are a joke and the NHL is a joke.

Goal was disallowed because people hate vancouverites. They hate that we live in a better city than them, they hate that oour team has done nothing but win NHL games for years and they hate bexause they wish they were nux fans.

Refs are just butthurt they can't afford to live here and cheer for the best NHL team of all time.

The other game they also gave burrows a penalty for entering the crease, which I haven't seen for years. They are just really picky with us.

Watch it again. Daniel Lost his balance and fell because Lethonen pushed Daniel's knee, therefore skate, forward.

That's the only contact that was made.

From now on, when Luongo has a skater near his crease, all he has to do is bump into the player and the goal won't count. Right?

Oh yeah... It's the Vancouver Canucks we're talking about...

Yet again, the third team won the game.

Yeah I saw that and thought the same too.

My beer league team reminds me of the nucks. The refs hate our team. We've lost most of our games because of the refs and rarely ever get PP's.

Our goalie pokechecked one of their players in the shootout last night and he shot it in the net after and the ref said it was a goal and you're allowed to do that.....

That's not allowed right...?

Watch it again. Daniel Lost his balance and fell because Lethonen pushed Daniel's knee, therefore skate, forward.

From now on, when Luongo has a skater near his crease, all he has to do is bump into the player and the goal won't count. Right?

O yes I see it! He uses his glove to hit Daniel guys watch it at the 38 second mark and watch his glove.

Daniel didn't make contact with the goalie, the goalie made contact with Daniel wtf.

No excuse for this by "professional refs" wth is the point of having two of them if they can't even have a conversation about the goal after one of them waves it off and is dead wrong?

Lazy, arrogant, spiteful, vindictive call.... when will the refs have their pound of flesh for Nielson/Burrows Embarrassments?

no offense

dumbest

argument

ever

what are you like 12 years old? the reason would be because of ppl like you bro.

Yeah I saw that and thought the same too.

My beer league team reminds me of the nucks. The refs hate our team. We've lost most of our games because of the refs and rarely ever get PP's.

Our goalie pokechecked one of their players in the shootout last night and he shot it in the net after and the ref said it was a goal and you're allowed to do that.....

That's not allowed right...?

Except the Canucks have admitted that they were a very undisciplined team in previous years. Sounds like you play on a very bad team.

Archived