The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) a little tangerine shake up

DrChill

I feel like the team is playing well, but just not getting any breaks. I also appreciate that we are taking a lot of shots, although the quality of most of our shot attempts are not very good ones (puck shot into goalies crest, long distance shots). This team NEEDS a top six forward badly. We have a lot of hard working two way guys, but what we need is a pure sniper. I have proposed a trade here. Not sure if its even or not but I think it would "shake things up" and help with the future of this team as well.

To the Flyers:

Alex Edler

Jordan Schroeder

1st round pick 2014

To Van:

Jakub Voracek

Scott Laughton

2nd round pick 2014

Philly gets their Top 2 Dman, a young center and the pick. Van gets top 6 winger, a young centerman for the future and a pick..

Sound fair? Or do we need to add to that? Tanev is emerging into a top 4 guy, and we can bring up Corrado ..

Line up could be:

Daniel Henrick Voracek

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Santo Hansen

Welsh Richie Booth

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Stanton Corrado

Prospect Line up:

Shinkaruk Laughton Jensen

Horvat Cassels Gaunce

Archie Mallet Dalpe

I think this would help the team now and in the future, thoughts?

Edited by Tangerines, Today, 03:14 PM.

dont like this deal

how about

Jensen

Tanev

2014 1st

Hansen

Booth

for

Kane

2014 2nd

Typical quantity vs quality proposal. Would you do that deal if you were Wpg's gm? I sure woundn't You're trading away a star top line player for a pick, a decent prospect, two grinders with zero offensive ability and a guy who is essentially a waste of a roster spot and cap space

I like this trade. Then we can keep tanev and put him in the top 4. We'd save $ spent on D and have go towards our O. Tanev would prob sign a multi year contract btw 2.5-3 mil per. Maybe edler would wave his NTC to go to Philly. They're not playing well right now but generally players tend to love to play in Philly. I like Laughton as well! Not sure if Philly would realistically give up voracek but edler fairly enticing

Major underpayment on our side.

Voracek is 24 and is - becomming - a top line stud and Laughton is a star center in the making - 17 goals & 18 ass. in 20 games this year.

We would have to add more. Would love if they would do:

Edler

Tanev

Corrado

Shredder

First round pick

For Voracek & Laughton.

I feel like the team is playing well, but just not getting any breaks. I also appreciate that we are taking a lot of shots, although the quality of most of our shot attempts are not very good ones (puck shot into goalies crest, long distance shots). This team NEEDS a top six forward badly. We have a lot of hard working two way guys, but what we need is a pure sniper. I have proposed a trade here. Not sure if its even or not but I think it would "shake things up" and help with the future of this team as well.

To the Flyers:

Alex Edler

Jordan Schroeder

1st round pick 2014

To Van:

Jakub Voracek

Scott Laughton

2nd round pick 2014

Philly gets their Top 2 Dman, a young center and the pick. Van gets top 6 winger, a young centerman for the future and a pick..

Sound fair? Or do we need to add to that? Tanev is emerging into a top 4 guy, and we can bring up Corrado ..

Line up could be:

Daniel Henrick Voracek

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Santo Hansen

Welsh Richie Booth

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Stanton Corrado

Prospect Line up:

Shinkaruk Laughton Jensen

Horvat Cassels Gaunce

Archie Mallet Dalpe

I think this would help the team now and in the future, thoughts?

Edited by Tangerines, Today, 03:14 PM.

Hey thanks for reposting this. Love the title lol!

Major underpayment on our side.

Voracek is 24 and is - becoming - a top line stud and Laughton is a star center in the making - 17 goals & 18 ass. in 20 games this year.

We would have to add more. Would love if they would do:

Edler

Tanev

Corrado

Shredder

First round pick

For Voracek & Laughton.

Yeah well Philly needs defensive help and has plenty of young centres as well. The deal would work closer to the original proposal better if we could take a D contract off their books so they can get help. Add Meszaros for Booth (pretty much a wash cap wise) which would actually help both teams in terms of where a cap dump frees a roster spot. In fact they could actually use a LW full stop... :rolleyes:

But LOL if you think we're trading all of Edler, Tanev and Corrado. Just how many D do you think we have???

Yeah well Philly needs defensive help and has plenty of young centres as well. The deal would work closer to the original proposal better if we could take a D contract off their books so they can get help. Add Meszaros for Booth (pretty much a wash cap wise) which would actually help both teams in terms of where a cap dump frees a roster spot. In fact they could actually use a LW full stop... :rolleyes:

But LOL if you think we're trading all of Edler, Tanev and Corrado. Just how many D do you think we have???

Well.... That would totally cripple our D :D

But valuevise it's more on target imo.

However i have heard some concerns about Voracek's conditioning..

Archived